argh...tyty

kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)September 25, 2010

In an attempt to help (why do I bother sometimes...) I stumbled across the "reknown" Tyty site again. GAWD they are goofy!! Look at the photos for the Lilac Amaryllis...seductive, suggestive, and some of the pages are nearly obscene!

Joshy, they have your San Antonio Rose...up to you. Most of us steer clear from them since they seem to focus on the models rather than the bulbs, and have several of the wrong blooms on different pages. Good amusement.

K

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joshy46013

Nope,

Thanks so much for trying to help, I really really appreciate it :)

I will never order from that site with all the bad things I've heard about from EVERYONE and they're photos are.... no thanks :)

Josh

Bookmark   September 25, 2010 at 8:29PM
houstonpat(9a)

That's hysterical !! Oh Man ! They say laughing is good medicine. It's been awhile since I've laughed so hard. Well, I should say, my son 22 and daughter 19 both do some modeling. But this just cracked me up. Of course I'd never buy any stuff from them, but their nursery hasta be fun. I liked St. Joseph's lily the best :)
Hey have you seen the Plant Delights Nursery catalog? For years it's the text that's especially creative there.
I think a meeting is on for Tuesday, if yer free in the middle of a work day.

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 8:22PM
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)

Well Pat, I know where your kids get their good (looks) genes!!

I have to admit I did some laughing too. The woman with the big Minervas strategically placed....hey, did you see those big Minervas!?

Did you see the Lady Jane page....too much (the photo with the scape and bloom and the guy)?! They guys are holding the bare bulbs just a little too gingerly. I think I recall no roots!! Loved the guy in the pool surrounded by blooms! So many of their photos are superimposed. What a hoot!!

I just started a new job and being free in the middle of the day is not something I'm good at right now!! Let me know if there are any evening/weekend activities!! THANKS!!.

:-) Kristi

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 8:35PM
houstonpat(9a)

Yeah, they got their mom's genes, that's for sure.

Well it looks like you checked out All their offerings Kristi :) I didn't get the San Antonio Rose... was that a business write off for a trip to Africa?

The best was at the end of the clip on their main bulb page; the narrator says "~ Special discounts for Churches and Preachers!"

Bookmark   September 27, 2010 at 2:58PM
ryan820(z5b Denver, Colorado, USA)

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Fall bulbs are all the rage in fashion this Autumn.

Is that a bulb in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

Ryan

Bookmark   September 27, 2010 at 5:49PM

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking....OMG...!!!ROTFLM*O!!!

:-) Need to check out the church and preacher discounts!

Bookmark   September 27, 2010 at 6:31PM
More Discussions
I;m not Kahlua, who am I?
Title should be "I'm"...not "I;m"!...
yellow flowering Hippeastrum
Who can help me to get a yellow flowering Hippeastrum?...
ton2
Seeds from Argentina
Yes they are twins but the seedlings have the leaf...
orchids_grower_1946
Basil Plate Propagation
Hi, My friend- Nongnuch Nakmanoch did basil plate propagation...
Nititii P.
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™