Another Identify Plant Post

MianameNovember 18, 2005

I have a rather sick plant on my hands and I'm not sure how to help it due to me not knowing what type it is.

We got it as a present from a friend and she couldn't remember where she had gotten it even. I've been trying to keep it alive as vest I can. Some days its leaves are full and standing and other days they droop and look frail. It also seems to have various holes in it. I think it might be from bugs, but I'm not sure.

I tried putting it outside recently and now the leaves have curled on the end and turned crisp. Watering it hasn't helped as yet. If anyone could tell me what type of plant it is or any way that I might be able to keep it alive please let me know!

Here's a link to the picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/Gendrlyconfused/Plant.jpg

As you can see it looks a little beaten, but I swear this morning it looked fine and healthy as ever other than the holes. Only when I came in this afternoon and rushed it inside did it look this bad. Is there anyone who knows why or how it changes so quickly?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
taxonomist(7b VA)

Looks to me that perhaps your plant has been grossly overwatered!!! If you will repot it using any commercial potting soil and insuring that drainage is well established, I believe your plant will return to health. Judicious prunning maight also be of some benefit.
Your problem is horticultural, not botanical. Botany deals with plant anatomy, plant physiology, taxonomy, geography, etc.Horticulture deals with plant cultivation. Just thought I'd add this jewal of info.

Bookmark   November 19, 2005 at 6:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sangam

I guess thats right, It has been overwatered. Because of that only it is in trouble. give sufficient amount of sun light, thats needed by every plant in the world.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://c.1asphost.com/Sanganagouda/forum/

Bookmark   March 31, 2006 at 10:14AM
More Discussions
What is the academic reasons for why only some grafts work?
Persons grafting usually use similar plants, citrus...
albert_135
Franklinia alatamaha
Maybe this query should go in the Propagation or Native...
Josh
Sructure name?
Plant is a Callisia but would appreciate help with...
mfyss
fyi, ubc botanical garden forums has a plant science forum
Plants: Science and Cultivation Disregard. Almost no...
albert_135
Cannabis regeneration technique
I'm looking to get some opinions on the below questions...
yolanda89
Sponsored Products
Blue Round 12'' Over-the-Railing Planter - Set of Two
$24.99 | zulily
Ozark Black Wrought Iron Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Hampton Bay Path & Landscape Lights Solar Black LED Spotlight (1-Pack) 20094
$19.97 | Home Depot
Serena & Lily Cambridge Bed
Serena & Lily
Organica Gold Rectangle: 5 Ft. In. x 8 Ft. In. Area Rug
$300.95 | Bellacor
AICO Furniture - Monte Carlo II 7 Piece Queen Poster Bedroom Set...
Great Furniture Deal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™