Differences

bullsieSeptember 11, 2010

I am getting ready to place an order for Amaryllis bulbs now and saw two sites: Van Engelen and Scheepers Bulbs. Are these one and the same company?

I have also been thinking of their collections. From what I understand they give you one of each listed but don't send them labeled. Has anyone gotten their bulbs that way and are they accurate?

Appreciate!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)

I have ordered from van Engelen and they usually sell in groups of 3. All 3 bulbs of the one variety came in a single labled bag (I ordered 4 or 5 different hybrids so got 4-5 bags with 3 bulbs in each bag). I only got 1 mislabled bulb, was supposed to be Vera and was a lovely Minerva. Otherwise, the quality was good. I'm sure others will chime in with their experiences.
Kristi

Bookmark   September 12, 2010 at 12:32PM
jewel106

van engelen and john sheepers are sister companies. van engelen is the whole sale branch.

Bookmark   September 12, 2010 at 4:27PM
bullsie

Thank you so much for the info and especially the accuracy of the one. Makes me feel better ordering now!

Bookmark   September 15, 2010 at 4:23AM
jstropic

I ordered a collection of doubles last year and the bulbs were not individually identified, however, when they bloomed I had one of each that they said would be in the collection. Going from memory I think I had; jewel, red peacock, dancing queen, elvas and double record. Awesome bulbs! Amazingly they opened somewhat in succession and it was like watching fireworks with the all ooohhhs and aaahhhs included!

Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 12:23AM
More Discussions
Worsleya aka Blue Amaryllis
I thought I would post my latest pics to a more reasonably...
bluebonsai101
amaryllis 'samba'??
it's not, isn't it. got this with others (apple blossom,...
rockdale
Planting Papilio in the ground
I live about 20 miles north of New Orleans in zone...
John Lusk
NOIDS
Like Indian cast system the NOIDs appear to be low...
brigarif Khan
Worsleya seeds
If anyone is interested, someone is offering worsleya...
rredbbeard
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™