Off-topic: Phoenix/Scottsdale handyman?

ccarrollNovember 27, 2013

I hope you'll forgive me for straying off the topic of gardening, but since this is the only place with geographical breakdowns...

I'm having an impossible time trying to pin down a competent handyman, prefering one who can do delicate things, not just a bull in a china shop. I've called three previous guys - one who moved prohibitively far away, one who is sidelined with a heart attack, and one now a full-time caretaker for his ill wife. I've then called FIVE new prospects, including ones recommended by a neighbor and a plumber, and not one of them is returning my calls after I left multiple messages.

So if anyone has someone to recommend, someone reasonably priced, for small projects, not somesone fancying himself a contractor for $40/hour wanting to do huge remodelng jobs - for the Scottsdale-Tempe-east Phoenix area - I'd be very grateful.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomatofreak(Z9 Phx USA)

It would help if you described some of the projects you need done. Cabinetry? Create or repair? Inside, outside?

Bookmark   November 29, 2013 at 5:00PM
ccarroll

Sorry, TomatoFreak (what a great handle!), but I didn't have a chance to get back here at the time.

In my experience, the whole point of a handyman is that he can ideally do close to anything, certainly not limited to indoors vs outdoors. I'd expect a decent handyman, for instance, to be able to fix a leaky faucet, install new baseboards, repair a backyard sprinkler, install a dimmer switch, wrap insulation around roof pipes, paint a wall, and all kinds of other things.

Bookmark   January 17, 2014 at 9:05PM
tomatofreak(Z9 Phx USA)

In other words, the ideal hubby! Pretty much describes my MOTH, but he decided to be a nurse instead, leaving me in much the same predicament as you.

Bookmark   January 17, 2014 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
growing chilitepin pepper bush
I would like to grow a bush of chili tepin peppers....
carolssis
Which plants they are?
Anyone can help me identify these 3 plants? I have...
lenering
Water Softener
I'm going to install a new water softener to replace...
newtoucan
Gardenia help needed
I have bought a potted gardenia plant from Home Depot...
moutia_k
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™