Non-flowering QVC begonias

neversleiSeptember 3, 2005

I know better, but I ordered Roberta's begonias from QVC in March. They took forever to sprout. I know have huge leaves and from all plants, two very small yellow flowers. There once was a hint of a red flower, but it did not reach full bloom. I've never experienced non-flowering begonias.

has anyone else had this experience?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susanlynne48(OKC7a)

I assume these are tuberous begonias? You got small tubers to plant in a pot? They may be too small to bloom, or need to be fertilized with a high potassium fertilizer. What is your exposure?

Susan

Bookmark   September 3, 2005 at 6:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tbenton(Z7 VA)

I also got those begonias from QVC back in March and planted as soon as the weather would allow. They just started to bloom here in Northern Va about 2 weeks ago. I was nervous about the slow sprouting/flowering but all is well now. Got lots of leaves at first and then all of a sudden they started to really bloom. You are much further north than I am so not sure if they will do anything more before it gets cold but winter them inside per instructions that came with them or on Garden Web and I bet they will be fine next year.

Terri

Bookmark   September 7, 2005 at 12:20PM
More Discussions
shima nishiki peony field
The video is from 2009, taken in Luoyang, China. Enjoy...
jujujojo_gw
Small Red Rex
I have this remnant of a plant I bought at Lowes...it...
suyoder
Cool photo editing for rex type begonias
Just ran across something I did a few years back and...
hcmcdole
Anyone Know Anything About 'Phoes Chloe' ?
I've had it for at least 8 years - it died back during...
westy1941
Care instruction for a Dragon Wing Begonia
Hi I just bought a Dragon Wing Begonia at the grocery...
tkhooper
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™