WANTED: Looking for my first brugmansia

garden_n_mom(7)April 28, 2008

Hello,

I have never grown a brug before and would love to grow one or two. I've heard that Charles Grimaldi? is good for a first timer, but would be open to suggestions. I'm really excited to grow this for the first time and see what the craze is all about. I have seen these and smelled them in nurseries and they are spectacular!

I am looking for a cutting or plant, rooted cuttings are fine also. I can send postage, plants, cuttings, seeds, I may have some books I can trade also. Please check my trade list and see if there is anything there you can use. I also carry offline lists, let me know if you'd be interested in seeing these. They consist of everything I have, so not all will be ready.

Please let me know. Thanks so much for your time!

garden_n_mom

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Randy Ritchie

Hi garden_n_mom,

I have cuttings of a peachy color brug here that I am rooting for a newbie, and if you'd like to try my unnamed brug, I can email you a photo of it. It's very fragrant, and enormous, as I live in south FL. As we are in different zones, trading can be a bit tricky. I am renting, so only have pots on patios here. Landlady has kindly offered me any cuttings or divisions for myself or to trade for what I would like. Very nice gesture! I am new to gardening here, so can't even identify most of the plants here. Right now I'm trying to root cuttings of a beautiful variegated leaf hibiscus, green/white/fuscia edges, which matches the deeply colored blooms. It's quite beautiful, and she advises me that it is a rare one. If I get the cuttings to root and you would like to try one, probably annual where you are, that's possible also.

Right now I'm trying to select just a few good old standbys for ease of maintenance here in the heat, along with a couple of my heart's desire. I love adeniums, crown of thorns, white orchid cactus, if you have any of those. Or would consider others you might suggest.

Girlsaylor

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 8:37AM
More Discussions
WANTED: These Cuttings; Daydreams, Dorthea, Lizzy, Sam
I know this is not the time of year to take cuttings...
ruthz
WANTED: looking for new orleans lady
Looking for new orleans lady.mine looks like a dead...
njoynit
wanted: brugmansia cutting for sase or seed trade
Does anyone have one brug cutting they'd be willing...
mtgs
looking for Angels Trumpet Brugmansia cuttings
Looking for any type of Angels trumpet Brugmansia cuttings...
rddb
HAVE: Brugmansia Strawberry Cream Plants to trade
Hi - I have, some nice large healthy brug plants for...
Mistee17
Sponsored Products
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Anatolia Red / Navy 8 ft. x 10
Home Depot
Single Handle Bathroom Faucet
MR Direct Sinks and Faucets
Silk 64-inch Bamboo Tree
Overstock.com
Indoor Ceiling Fans: Minka-Aire Classica 54 in. Mottled Copper Ceiling Fan F659-
Home Depot
Lavender Jacquard Linen Tea Towel - Set of Two
$21.99 | zulily
New Hand Knotted Rust & Navy Heriz Serapi 8x10 Antiqued Oriental Wool Rug H3665
BH Sun Inc
MTI Melinda 5 Tub (71.25" x 35.5" x 20")
Modern Bathroom
Shangri-La Green Quartz Random Brick Glass and Stone Tile
$18.99 | TileBar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™