Begonias in Morning Light

blondiescSeptember 29, 2013

Just had to share this pic of 2 of my beauties! They looked so pretty in the morning light yesterday. Thanks for looking!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hcmcdole(z7)

Very nice Blondie. I like Feodor and LBM! Silver leaves are always beacons in any garden, especially in the morning light and dusk.

The concrete head with ivy in it is kind of cool too. Here is a resin vase of an Easter Island statue with a big air plant in it.

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 9:12AM
gardenpaw(5/6)

Very pretty!

Karen

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 12:03PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Nice! I want some pot heads. The one I have doesn't have a drain hole, and is kind of unsteady since it has feet too. I'll take a pic, it's visiting my Mom's house right now.

Hcmc, is there soil in there with your Tillandsia? I LOVE the way that looks, it's stately and humorous at the same time. Like it's spoofing itself, quietly, with a straight face. Fantastic.

...Begonias (and many companions) in the Mist!

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 1:07PM
hcmcdole(z7)

No soil and no drain hole. Tillandsia is an air plant and needs no soil whatsoever (might actually kill it).

Here is another photo of the same pot years ago with a different air plant (deceased long ago).

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 6:04PM
blondiesc

Thanks everyone!

Hcmcdole, I like your head pot! Funny how they all have their own personalities!

Purpleinopp, You have some nice begonias and friends!

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 8:17PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Thanks, Blondie! It's hard to find any Begonias around here. I have high hopes for next spring for the new mom'n'pop place in the next town over.

I really like the ivy as hair too. That might actually grow fast enough to 'style' it occasionally.

This little Tilly lives at the base of a Dracaena tree with a couple Begonias, Alternanthera, Hypoestes & Tradescantia. It was in the crook of a different tree but as Tilly got fatter and the pup showed up, it no longer fit in that one. They sure do look like hair, but this little one would need a much smaller head. These small plants of bigger Begonias came from that new store but were the only kind they had except a few wax'ies.

Bookmark   October 1, 2013 at 9:14AM
chloeasha

Lovely! I have LBM too-- mine is beginning to bloom :) It took off much faster than I expected-- or faster than the Paul Hernandez I planted behind it in anticipation of its taking off LOL.

Bookmark   October 1, 2013 at 10:10AM
More Discussions
Blackmore & Langdon Begonia bulbs The Worst
I purchased 10 bulbs from early this spring directly...
spacehunter
Anyone Know Anything About 'Phoes Chloe' ?
I've had it for at least 8 years - it died back during...
westy1941
Would love an ID on this begonia
I'm attaching 3 photos- hopefully First one is of...
lorabell NC
My Special Angel
I posted this in the house plants forum but thought...
Jessie Tyler
Where to buy escargot begonia
Does anyone know where I can buy escargot begonia for...
organic_suzie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™