wanted: any one here from nny??? have brugs to share.

theraglady47(z4 NY)September 22, 2007

I have far too many brugs to bring them all in for winter. A recent heart attack is forcing me to slow down. I have 5 or 6 well established brugs looking for new homes. I would normally just take cuttings and ship, but am having surgery Oct 8 so need to either find new homes for these or leave them out trough winter.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clouddancer18(z5 Ct.)

Hi
I live near Dutchess County in NY-would love any brug!
How far am I from you?
Sorry to hear about your heart attack
Thanks

Bookmark   September 22, 2007 at 10:59PM
theraglady47(z4 NY)

I am not sure, I am 65 miles north of Syracuse. Trust me, i have driven much further for brugs. I drove almost 200 miles for my first one. These are good sized blooming plants. I have a wonderful collection, about 165 named plants, but they just all can't come in for winter. I have many many with seed pods so they have to stay, have about 70 nice seedlings which also have to stay. I m not keeping any that I can;t use in my breeding program, which is about 9 or 10. I can share cuttings of the ones I am using but am just not up to packing and shipping this year. I am scedualed for surgery Oct 8. I will have everything sorted by then and any that are not going to be used for breeding will be ready to go.

My heart problem makes me very light headed and I have fallen a few times. I am just not going to risk traffic and standing in line as post offices.

I also have window boxes filled with rooted cuttings that I was going to take to a swap in Fl, but now I can't go. I sure hate to see al of these wonderful plants have to freeze.

I may have my Dh mail a few to my brug buddies in Fl, but trust me, he is not going to be very happy about it. If I can get him to take two it will be an accomplishment.

Let me know if you want some, you are welcome to come load up.

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 7:59PM
clouddancer18(z5 Ct.)

Thanks .Syracuse is 4 and a half hour drive-am flying there Friday for a one day conference.
I am tempted to make the journey again for the Brugs
but it is just too far away.
I appreciate your offer+ wish you a speedy recovery.
Zora

Bookmark   September 25, 2007 at 12:26AM
qbirdy(z4/5 Central NY)

I live in Pulaski and would love to get a few of your plants if you are still offering them. I'd be happy to get them as soon as you have the time :)

My sweetheart had heart surgery in March so I understand how hard it can be to deal with things afterwards, as well as before.

You can contact me at greatmurdoch@gmail.com

Bookmark   September 29, 2007 at 9:55PM
flora2(7)

I'd really love to go and get some of your brugs but from Seattle it is a little too far. What a pity! Anyway, thanks for the offer and tons of luck with your surgery. Take care

Bookmark   September 30, 2007 at 5:56AM
More Discussions
HAVE: I have Brug plants to trade for hosta plants
I have a few angel trumpet plants left over from my...
kasha77
WANTED: brugmansia seeds
Will trade for or send sase.
valeriepa
HAVE: brugs
Hi - I have some brugs for trade. Thank you, Mistee:))...
Mistee17
HAVE: Brugmansia Strawberry Cream Plants to trade
Hi - I have, some nice large healthy brug plants for...
Mistee17
WANTED: berg cuttings /trade or if i do not have what you want p
looking for cuttings of berg the large flowering amethyst,...
mjtd
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™