New to this forum..

chevy57red(3/4 MN)December 9, 2012

Hello all...
New to this forum but not new to gardening. I am one of those "snowbirds" that you all love. We winter in Mesa and hale from MN. Back home my hosta gardens "own" me. I am a "rock hound" and wonder.. is there a place near Mesa that I could go scrounging for rock? Legally of course..
I would love to take several home to put into my gardens.

Happy Holidays!!

Sheila

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomatofreak(Z9 Phx USA)

If it's rocks you love, you might want to mosey on over to Quartzite for one of their shows. They have car shows too, if your handle is any indication of your interest in vintage cars. Got a photo of that '57 Chevy? ;o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Rocks, rocks and more rocks....

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 11:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MaryMcP Zone 8b - Phx AZ

Hello Sheila and welcome to the forum. I have collected lots and lots of rocks for my garden borders. Usually I pick them up when we go camping. If you don't want to drive to Quartsite just find some dry creek beds around the desert and carry on.....or carry out as the case may be. I'm not familiar with Mesa but you could head up towards the three lakes on the way to Tortilla Flat. If you go all the way to TF (it's a very nice drive), grab some lunch and a beer, there's a river bed north of town, out in the desert. If you head up I-17, take Table Mesa Road to the west, you'll bump into the Agua Fria after a while and there's plenty of rocks there.

Alternatively there is the Bloody Basin area with lots of dry creek beds this time of year.

Do you have a 4-wheel drive vehicle? It's not mandatory but will help you get to some nice off-road spots. Good luck! We love collecting river rocks.

Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 9:00AM
More Discussions
The Official AZ Tropical Fruit Trees Thread
Sorry for the monopoly on threads today. If anybody...
kccav
'Desert Museum' and 'Sonoran Emerald' Palo Verdes
The last thread on these two trees was about a year...
dlg421
Where is everyone?
Did you all hit the road because of the changes? I...
ernie85017
Best place to buy trees?
I need a new queen palm and would like a palo blanco....
cms9323
Pioneersands just lost a customer. (Bulk soil/manure/mulch)
I've been buying bulk soil(sandy loam), manure, and...
Raimeiken - z9b - Peoria, AZ
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™