WANTED: Huernia zebrina magniflora

cgambrell(8b GA)March 7, 2009

Hi all!!

If anyone would happen to have cuttings of this please contact me at codypc07@yahoo.com. Will pay for postage and whatever you want to charge for plant(IM DESPERATE) or try to work out a trade.

Thanks guys,

Cody Gambrell

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeffrey_gardener(8)

FYI...YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG. THE NATURE OF THE HUERNIA IS TO GROW THE FLOWER AND THEN DIE, LEAVING THE AFTER AFFECTS OF A TERRIBLE ODOR.

Bookmark   March 14, 2009 at 12:10PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
floridabear(10b)

Jeffery. Sorry you are having this trouble with your huernias! But they are not Easter Lily bulbs or Pointsettia plants. They don't grow, bloom, and then die. They grow and bloom and grow more and bloom and keep doing it for years. If yours do die after 1 blooming...you are doing something VERY wrong. I HAD hundreds of varieties of huernias/staplieas, until they got wiped out by a hurricane 3 years a go. Now I only have a couple of dozen, and I am trying so hard to get cuttings of Stapelias, like Gigantea, to rebuild my collection. They last for decades,if you grow them correctly,and you will have blooms several times a season. If your die that fast...it sounds like you over water a lot of your cacti. I have NEVER heard of a huernia that grows and then blooms 1 time and dies...as being natural. If there is a variety that does it, I don't want to grow it.:)

Bookmark   March 19, 2009 at 12:57AM
More Discussions
WANTED: crassula muscosa or lycopodioides Watch Chain
Looking for a thicker one that does no branch out often. I...
foxwichya
WANTED: Sedum Multiceps
Does anyone have a cutting of two they would be willing...
kaityinoregon
WANTED: Have Uncarina roeoesliana for sale
I have (2) specimen Uncarina roeoesliana for sale....
asclepchris
WANTED: sea onion bulb
been looking for one for a while now . have a night...
nlb52
WANTED: have/want-hens/chicks & angelina sedum
I have Angelina Sedum and Red Heart (Hens and Chicks)...
honorsyaya
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™