WANTED: question about trades

xxwyldwolfxxMay 28, 2006

Hi.. how do people handle it when you do a trade and the other person doesn't send in return or even respond to queries? Thanks for any help.

Steven

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marriedtomud(Z5Michigan)

Hi Steven

You can put it behind you and do more trades. Try to start with reputable traders that have been in the Forums for a while and especially ones that post regualarilly.

If it was a valuable trade you can threaten them with legal action and mail fraud. It costs a bit to prosecute but if you win they have to pay your legal expenses. In some regions it's a felony and carries a heavy penalty.

There are a few people here that regularilly prey on new traders. One in particular from Indiana did this to me for Spiderwort plants that he clainmed were needed for homeopathic medicine for a sick patient. I still see him responding to postings. Whenever I do I warn the other traders of his past actions and tell them to be sure to get his end of the trade first. He won't send ... he is a thief.

The good traders will make up for the bad ones but it's especially hard to take the actions of a dishonest trader(thief)when you are first starting out.

Curtis/m2m

Bookmark   May 29, 2006 at 9:27PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Opuntia Ficus,Spiny and Smooth
I am looking for this opuntia, I have been told that...
poohbearlvr
WANTED: Stapelia/Huernia 'Pendula'
Hi. Does anyone have, or know where I can get this...
poohbearlvr
WANTED: Wanted Huernia 'pillansii'.
Looking for Huernia pillansii. Purchased it twice before...
Stush2049
WANTED: Where to buy succulents on-line?
I have never ordered succulents or cacti on-line. Have...
yooperlady
WANTED: Have Uncarina roeoesliana for sale
I have (2) specimen Uncarina roeoesliana for sale....
asclepchris
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™