pipevine needed

butterflyaddict(9b)January 23, 2012

Hello all, I am serching for Aristolochia tomentosa, wolly pipevine. I can get seeds but really would like a plant. Can anyone suggest a place to purchase this besides Georgia vine?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
butterflymomok(7a NE OK)

Try Mail Order Natives. Amy's plants are very healthy, and her prices are reasonable.

Bookmark   January 23, 2012 at 1:18PM
imabirdnut

I agree with BFmomok...I bought 2 A.tormentosas from Amy & both are doing great! (This will be their 4th season, I think?)

If you want some A.fimbriata seeds, I have some I can share! The PVSTs seem to prefer it over my 2 tormentosas to lay their eggs on...the leaves are a lot more tender!

Email me if you are interested! ;o)

Bookmark   January 23, 2012 at 1:39PM
susanlynne48(OKC7a)

Wow! Those are amazing looking Pipevines! Looks like they both are getting part shade??? Do you fertilize your PVs? I have a lot of problems getting the stuff to grow at all for me.

Susan

Bookmark   January 24, 2012 at 5:56AM
butterflyaddict(9b)

Thanks for the responses. great pictures!

Bookmark   January 24, 2012 at 10:56AM
imabirdnut

These pictures were from 2010...a great BF year!!! & plant year! Last year both my A.tormentosas did well but the A.fimbriata was more scanty than the picture.

Susan,I do have them in part shade or they wouldn't have made it through this past summer! I am on well water & they are watered regularly even with the drought. I think I put some compost & mulched the roots on the tormentosas. I also tried some fertilizer that would increase blooms but they still haven't flowered. My A.fimbriatas didn't have as many seeds as they have in other years...probably from being eaten more than anything else. I've scattered a lot of new seeds this winter in other areas that are mostly shade to see if I can get more growing for the PVSTs + I love the way it looks!

***butterflyaddict...did you see my question asking if you would like some A. fimbriata seeds??? Email me if you do!

Bookmark   January 27, 2012 at 1:56PM
More Discussions
Protecting cats outside
I'm not really into bringing the cats inside, so I'm...
catherinet
Snow and ice,come on spring !
Snow and ice on the ground here in arkansas today,has...
arkpollinator
Any one ready for spring?
I'm so done with winter! I'm ready for spring . This...
Jacob BergZone4b-5aMN
Is everyone ready for upcoming SPRING????
I am in Florida. I already made a flower bed inside...
angelimperfect36
One Butterfly Deformed.
January 31, 2,015, at 1:30 p.m., in the afternoon.........
woollybear69
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™