HAVE: Would anyone like to trade a cutting for 2 bat flower seed

LullabyF360June 5, 2013

Ok, no one will probably bite, but it is worth a shot. A few years ago I got a hold of some black bat flower seeds. I know, I know it takes forever for these buggers to do anything, yet my efforts & patience & techniques have yielded nothing at all. I tried several times over using different methods, until I finally gave up with two seeds left. Shortly afterwards, the gardening gods bestowed luck upon me, & I found some seedlings being grown in a nursery. All I am asking is ONE cactus cutting (or if you have something else from my list) for two black bat flower seeds.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

I currently have about 30 to 50 cactus seedlings left. I gave most away for postage. They are night blooming Cereus peruvianus. They can grow to 20 feet in the wild but as house plants you can control them to large size of about 3 to 4 feet. Many people grow them as house plants.
Stush

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 7:38PM
LullabyF360

Sounds like a trade :) I have tried growing this cactus from seeds before. Didn't work out too well. My poor seedlings died about a month after germinating. They simply spriveled up :/

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 8:51PM
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

I got your email. Just pay postage when you send me your address. About how many do you want? Currently they are about 1 to 2 inches high and I gave a bunch out last year that are now 4 inches high. These guys can take more waterings then your aveage cactus. All is welcomed to some. I should list my own post.
BTW you would be suprised how many never pay the postage. Most do but some just take.
Stush

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 4:12PM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Hiya Stush,

Am sorry to hear you're getting stiffed on postage, that is just NOT right. May I pls. suggest you wait to get approximate postage FIRST & then send out the plants?

A friend on here used to do big mailings of plants cuttings but after having been stiffed way too many times, he had to resort to asking folks to pay postage first please.

Sadly too many folks out there eager to advantage (oops, think even I owe you postage for the striped Sans. you recently sent me).

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 11:14AM
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

Pirate,
Big difference. I sent you the plants without you asking for them. So they are a gift. Your welcome.
Stush

Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 4:14PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Have: 1" clay starter pots
Does anyone here use these? I have a boxfull I would...
denise_gw
WANTED: Where to buy succulents on-line?
I have never ordered succulents or cacti on-line. Have...
yooperlady
HAVE: named cactus seeds
I have a surplus of echinocereus engelmannii Echinocactus...
brewerbonsai
WANTED: Have Uncarina roeoesliana for sale
I have (2) specimen Uncarina roeoesliana for sale....
asclepchris
WANTED: Stapelia/Huernia 'Pendula'
Hi. Does anyone have, or know where I can get this...
poohbearlvr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™