HAVE: Orchids for succulents/cacti
I'm an orchid grower that needs to free up some space in my greenhouse. I have always liked cacti and have recently added some more to my collection after visiting a commerical cacti grower.
What I'm looking for: Succulents or cacti that can grow outside in my climate. Plants well suited for dish/pot culture are good. I prefer succulents over cactus. Feel free to tempt me with what you have but I know I like the following;
other "living rock" cacti or succulents
What I have:
From Top left, clockwise: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
1) Phal. Sogo Vemin. 4 Leaves. Blooming size. Spikes in fall, blooms in Winter. Warm grower but needs a temp drop (~50 F) in fall to set spike. If growing inside, a West or East window is best. This actual plant has not flowered yet, but a sibling plant had small white flowers with a pink lip.
2) Lc. Memoria Robert Strait 'Blue Hawaii' JC/AOS. 4 growths + new lead. Warm-Intermediate temp. Bright light- South window best. Will be blooming size 1-2 years. This is a clone so the flowers will look exactly like this:
3) Lc. love Knot 'Carmela's Blue'. 8 Growth. Plant will stay small and compact, almost blooming size. intermediate temp, bright light. Clone;
4) Blc. Dr. Joe Walker 'Ray Mishima' 4 growth. Blooming size in ~2 years. Intermediate temp, bright light. clone,
5) C. Ruth Gee 'Diamond Jubilee" FCC/AOS. 6 growth. 1-2 to blooming size. Intermediate temp, bright light. FCC is the best award an orchid flower can recieve from the American Orchid Society. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see it's pic;
One more thing up for trade, a 5 bulb divison that has already started a new growth and is putting out new roots. It will be shipped bare root and will need to be potted when recieved. The plant is about 14 inches tall from base to tip. Intermediate to warm temps, south window best. It is a Cattleya hybrid but the name tag has been lost. The flowers are 5 inches across and very fragrant. Here's a pic from last month's blooming:
FOr this divison, I would like one nice sized plant, pref a cactus this time because I am trading it for a favor for someone else.
Please e-mail me with your offers/questions instead of replying directly on here. Thanks!