HAVE: Agave pups

domehome(9 CA)September 21, 2008

I have agave parryi h. and agave lopantha pups for trade. I'm interested in plants that will survive in zone 9 (occasional freeze) and that can be mailed bareroot.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cactusgarden

I would be interested in trading with you for the agave pups. I have an agave pup but don't know the type so I will attempt to describe it. Its very dark green and curves gracefully inward at the tips of the "leaves' (are they called leaves?). The leaves are rather thick and fleshy. It has red spines all along the edges that are curved and vicious. The tips are very wicked and black. It seems to grow pretty fast as it more than tripled in size since last year as a pup and has offshoots already. I also have a pup from a shindagger I could trade. Also, I have baby horsecripplers (Echinocactus texensis) which need to be kept very dry as they rot easily. Zone 9??!! what in the world cactus-wise can't you grow?? I spend the winter covering and uncovering according to the forecast. I have other things to trade on my list page if you are interested. I am interested in Opuntia pads and wonder if you have any interesting pads to trade?

Bookmark   November 27, 2008 at 12:33AM
pineywoods(8a TX)

I have peanut cactus (bright orange blooms) that winters over in 8a just fine if you are interested in trading for Agave lopantha.

Bookmark   December 8, 2008 at 7:23PM
domehome(9 CA)

Cactusgarden - I have no email for you. But I would love to trade with you. You have some really interesting opuntias. something I could use lots of (they double as landscaping and tortoise food). Actually, I do have some trouble growing cactus here in zone 9. It just doesn't get hot and sunny enough for some of them. You can email me direct at dee-moore@sbcglobal.net
Thanks for your interest.

Bookmark   December 13, 2008 at 11:43PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Opuntia?
Anyone know what kind of opuntia this is? And if so,...
cstephani
WANTED: Wanted Huernia 'pillansii'.
Looking for Huernia pillansii. Purchased it twice before...
Stush2049
HAVE: Whole plant for trade. Make offers :)
I have what has been ID as Opuntia monocantha for trade....
amsten09
WANTED: Leaves of succulents for rooting
I don't need many - just a leaf or two of various succulents...
kwie2011
WANTED: crassula muscosa or lycopodioides Watch Chain
Looking for a thicker one that does no branch out often. I...
foxwichya
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™