HD video OR why I need this forum

coffeemom(Broward z10)November 18, 2010

CRINGE ALERT

a bulb will be murdered

Thankfully I came to this forum and learned the REAL way to nurture these beauties.

Here is a link that might be useful: HD Growing Amaryllis

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cindeea(FtMyers 10)

Everyone, MEET KRISTI(coffeemom) She's a fabulous Master Gardener on the east coast of Florida and a good friend mine and Jan's. She's a fellow "GardenHoe" member also! (very exclusive group-haha) FINALLY, she is getting into Amaryllis...you grow girl. There are some very knowledgeable amaryllis officionados here ready to help, inspire, tempt, and turn you into an amaryllis addict! Welcome girlfriend!!
From 2009-10 Amaryllis

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 8:23AM
dondeldux

Welcome Kristi (coffeemon)! I hope you've had the time to go back and read many of the older posts, that's what I did before I joined about 1 yr ago. There is just so much valuable information and so many wonderful picture for you to enjoy!! It's always nice to meet another potential hippie addict!!

Donna

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 9:07AM
Jan Sword

Hi Kristi, welcome! glad to see you here. Lots & lost of great people & information at amaryllis forum.

Jan

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 9:28AM
ryan820(z5b Denver, Colorado, USA)

Hi Kristi and welcome to the board!!!!!

Denver Ryan

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 9:49AM
anna_in_quebec(z4 QC)

And cringe I did! What an idiot! Was that really necessary to cut the bulb in half - stupid, stupid!

Welcome Kristi!

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 4:21PM
coffeemom(Broward z10)

Thank-you all. I've been lurking since last years "torture a plant in a glass hurricane vase with rocks on the bottom from HD" posts. HD has what looks like Lady Jane in said vases this year....not that it means that's what you will get.

I've been gravitating towards potted plants in my old age. I'm too pooped to be digging holes!

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 6:21PM
cindeea(FtMyers 10)

PHEW!!! I had to read that three times, Kristi...I thought you said "I've been gravitating towards POT PLANTS in my old age" and then I realized...you probably use for medicinal purposes!

Do you still have that big Amaryllis in a pot at your front door? What was that beauty? I am just so glad to see you here...Pot or Not..peace sister

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 6:43PM
e36yellowm3(7 Raleigh, NC)

A Coffeemom is my kinda mom! Glad to meet you Kristi. I envy all of you in Fla that can leave their bulbs out year round. I need to move.

Jan, what a great picture you posted! I had to really look to figure out if it wasn't a watercolor.

Alana

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 8:16PM
More Discussions
H. Bipapilio (Komoriya)
This is one that I'm still trying to figure out if...
jimnpa (6a PA USA)
Did anyone get an H004?
The buds on mine are exposed and the color is looking...
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
Hippeastrum correiense
From Komoriya.. Sooo hopeful for the blooms.. What...
radhavall
Planting Papilio in the ground
I live about 20 miles north of New Orleans in zone...
John Lusk
H. Santos
My 3, H. Santos, bulbs all have 2 scapes and appear...
jimnpa (6a PA USA)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™