Flamingo Gardens/Broward

fl_gypsyMarch 1, 2010

Has anyone here ever attended the Spring Garden Event or the Orchid/Bromeliad Expo and Sale at the Flamingo Gardens?

I've been to the sales at the Mounts Botonical Gardens in West Palm and really enjoy them. Just found out about the FG sales. Opinions please. If they are good, I want to attend the sale on April 3.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bromadams(10b)

I've never been to the Flamingo Gardens sales. You might want to hit the nearby Searle Bros sale this weekend. They have a pretty good selection of bromeliads. I usually go and buy a few.

Searle Brothers Nursery, Inc. &
The Rainforest Collection® presents...
The 12th Annual Spring Plant Extravaganza!
March 5th, 6th & 7th 2010

Bookmark   March 1, 2010 at 9:04PM
fl_gypsy

Thanx for the info. I went to their web and it said that they have two public sales a year but didn't see the date for the second one. I am going to the Mounts Sale in April and I think the Fl Gardens Sale this month so I better pass on the Searle Brothers this time........I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go to these things and go crazy. As I have trouble controling myself once I get to the sale, I'd better limit myself to one sale a month. If you know the date of the second one for Searle Brothers I would appreciate the information.

Bookmark   March 2, 2010 at 1:23PM
bromadams(10b)

I got some nice broms (and a palm) at the Searle Bros sale:

W. kupperiana
N. carcharodon 'Tiger'
N. 'Purple Star'
and something that is supposed to be a L. Vinzant hybrid. I'll post the pic soon.

Bookmark   March 5, 2010 at 3:12PM
bromadams(10b)

The one this I really don't like about the Searle Bros sale is the lack of name tags on most broms. Most everything else, like palms, that I looked at was well labeled but not the broms. Anybody want to guess at the name of this one that is supposed to be a Vinzant hybrid.

Bookmark   March 5, 2010 at 5:28PM
mike4284m(z10b Ft. Lauderdale, FL)

First time I've missed the sale. At least they had more than just landscaping broms.

Your "hybrid" looks like Neo. rubrovittata to me. Great plant anyway.

Bookmark   March 5, 2010 at 9:17PM
More Discussions
ID this curly Bromeliad
Ready to put these in the ground. Forgot to ask the...
halfwaythere1
ID please
PAnother blooming that needs ID Thanx Carmen
gardencraze
Viresa question
Ok, so I have probalby already managed to kill a small...
cygnwulf
photo #2 of id - exserta hybrid?
Here is the photo of the bloom spike. my apologies...
Brian311
hotdiggetydam
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™