repotted seedlings

hippifan(8)November 29, 2011

Hi,

I repotted my seedlings last saturday. Here they are. They look healthy, don't they?

This one has 7 leaves!

They are 8 months. I'm proud on it! They are crossing Appleblossom ÃÂ (I think) Desire.

Is this Desire? And if not, wich one is it then?

Thank you for identify!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)

They look great!! Do you grow them inside?? What size pot were they in, how many/pot, etc! Looks like the bigger one might bloom for you this spring!
K

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 1:27PM
dondeldux

Wow!! You should be really proud of yourself, they look great!! And look at those leaves will you!! I can't really tell if your picture is Desire or not, the lighting is a little dark,(Off hand it looks like Red Lion, but you'd know if it was red or not) but whatever it is, with Apple Blossom, they should be stunning!! I have some seedlings of Apple Blossom x Lady Jane..but they aren't nearly as vigorous as yours. Here is my Desire see it you think that is what you had. Desire has a very noticible lavender midrib which was on all of my flowers..I think it shows in the pictures..hope this helps you ID your flower!

Donna

href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/NVvqFiuEPQGOrFyt1ZaMJdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=embedwebsite">;

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 5:27PM
jodik_gw

Nice photos, everyone! Thanks for sharing!

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 7:42PM
joshy46013

8 MONTHS

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! Wow ;) I think you may be onto something here, SHARE your success please!

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 12:28AM
hippifan(8)

Thank you for all enthousiastic replies. I didn't know they were so good actually.

I just sowed them in february, they showed their first leaf in march, after some months I repotted them each in a pot, so 1 per pot, and they were outside by a wall at the south. And in oktober I replaced them inside. Actually that's all.

I think it isn't Desire then. Can you name some more orange ones. Then I can look them up here:

Here is a link that might be useful: www.emaryllis.com

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 1:24AM
love_the_yard(z9A Jax FL)

Perhaps it is Orange Sovereign? It is a very vigorous grower.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 10:59AM
hippifan(8)

Hmmm, when I have a better look at the second picture of Donna, perhaps it is Desire.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 11:11AM
dondeldux

It might also be Naranja, another very lovely orange..but, what ever it is, with Apple Blossom you will definitely be handing out cigars when the time comes...can't wait to see them...

Donna

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 1:42PM
More Discussions
Amaryllis by flower size
A picture gives you no idea regarding the size of the...
brigarif Khan
How to save my Amaryllis?
I got the bulb in a package with soil at a grocery...
leuconoe
Hippeastrum angustifolium
I was told that Hippeastrum angustifolium is an aquatic...
AlanLou
Why did amaryllis leaves fall to the side when i put them in new spot
I have an amaryllis that just got done flowering. i...
tlbean2004
My doubles
My Hippeastrums which I jokingly called Mutts are actually...
brigarif Khan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™