Please ID this plant

Junglajungle(9b Arizona)April 15, 2013

Hello, I acquired these two plants about two years ago. I tried rooting them in water because I thought they were some type of desert plant...they did get roots, but the roots were white with the thickness of dental floss. I tried to grow them as air plants; they did ok for about a year...they kept growing new leaves, but at the same time they would dry out. About 2 months ago I decided to put them on orchid bark and placed them by my kitchen window. I water them just like I water my orchids. With this method they have been growing and keeping the new leaves and growing roots. The lady who gave them to me had a very thick branch from another plant (she had it in her garage for just a few days before she gave them to me). On the branch a lot of these little plants were attached to it. The funny thing is that they did not have roots...it was like they were a part of the branch.
I hope someone can id these plants so I can make sure IâÂÂm growing them correctly. Thank you so much for taking a look at them. Ariana

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Junglajungle(9b Arizona)

Pic #2

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 1:42AM
Junglajungle(9b Arizona)

Pic #3

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 1:44AM
Junglajungle(9b Arizona)

Pic #4 (last one)

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 1:45AM
hotdiggetydam

Kinda looks like a false agave

Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 6:06PM
Junglajungle(9b Arizona)

Thank you for the quick response! Unfortunately I'm not a big agave plant fan....I thought it would've been a type of air plant. I feel kind of silly because, living in AZ, there are agave plants everywhere, but I never knew what they were called until I read your post and did a search for false agave. That's when it dawned on me. Thanks again for your reply!

Ariana

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 2:30AM
More Discussions
hotdiggetydam
Aech ampla
Does anybody out there grow Aech ampla? Do you have...
avane_gw
Viresa question
Ok, so I have probalby already managed to kill a small...
cygnwulf
ID help for a couple of things at Harry P. Leu Gardens in Orlando
I was at Leu Gardens earlier this week and, among a...
gdadtravelinig
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™