Cupido

anna_in_quebec(z4 QC)November 15, 2009

So here I was anxiously awaiting Cupido to bloom (a Hadeco bulb obtained from GardenImport Canada) - seduced by this picture:

But, this is what appeared, very sweet and pink, but it seems to me it is not the same. Any ideas what it really is? Incidentally, of the 3 Grafitti bulbs (posted here previously - sold in 3's), one bulb was a simple greenish-white. I wrote to GI, and got no response, so I don't know if I should bother "complaining" about Cupido (it may not be their fault even). Anyway, here is my current supposed Cupido:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kinghaven

I also bought the Grafitti bulbs in three from gardenimports, the very same has happened with mine. They opened all at the same time pretty much and there are two that have the red streaks but then one is just a very nice green. i was going to call because i was sure that the green one is mislabled and not some variation in the three bulbs. now with yours having the smae issues I am going to call for sure. I just planted the cupido so i will have to wait and see on that one.

Bookmark   November 15, 2009 at 3:45PM
purpleclover(CA Sunset 18)

It could be Bellisimo. The veining on Cupido is more distinctive than Bellisimo. And the stamen on Cupido is pink, on Bellisimo it is white.

I think that photo you posted should have a white background instead of grey; meaning they darkened the picture or super-saturated the color.

I found a S. A. gardener's website/album below and he has his own pictures of both listed next to each other. Take a look. Click on the thumbnails to see several large pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Be-amazed Flower Album

Bookmark   November 15, 2009 at 7:19PM
jodik_gw

Your photo of Cupido looks rather like my Cupido! I received my little bulb a couple of years ago...

This is my Cupido...

Very lovely pictures, Anna! I don't know for certain, though... do we both have the real Cupido? Do I have the real Cupido?

Bookmark   November 15, 2009 at 10:46PM
More Discussions
Komoriya's Oriental Lady
This is a new bulb that I purchased several weeks ago...
dondeldux
Bulbs need to go in the ground
Thanks to the generosity of the people on this forum,...
jane__ny
Daphne pollination and Chromosome.
Hi, Today my Daphne x Sweet Nymph seed pod open but...
Nititii P.
Whites
I am fond of predominantly white Amaryllis. Some of...
brigarif Khan
Why did amaryllis leaves fall to the side when i put them in new spot
I have an amaryllis that just got done flowering. i...
tlbean2004
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™