I have a flower...YAY

bromaloonieApril 7, 2009

Would you have a checky at this...LOL

Im SO excited that my Mexicana is flowering.

I must admit I did not see it until yesterday...being a neo lover and all, I walk through my brom house with my head looking down low at all the neos changing colour and pupping. Every now and then I lhave a geezer up and look at the whole view. Well this time i got a joyful surprise:-)

Amazing how a spikey plant that is ugly to most people are just such a treasure to others!

Jennie told me it could handle alot more light, but I got busy in life and forgot/didnt get round to it but it still flowered...sitting in the middle of the brom house in a fairly sheltered light(pic shows it with the most light it gets all day)

Ohhhh how exciting this is.

Its still not fully open but will take other photos at its peak

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brom_todd(Melbourne, Australia)

Well done! You've got quite a display in store. The wee flowers look quite pretty when they open, but I reckon the berries look even more attractive. Each to their own I spose..
Will watch this space for developments :-)
Cheers, Todd

Bookmark   April 7, 2009 at 10:57PM
blue_heeler

Oh Gem,
Your eyes must be worst than mine - can't believe you missed that!!!!! Also can't believe I sent that through Australia Post. It is colouring up well and the flower will just get better and better over the weeks ahead. Don't you love it when you discover something coming into flower. It's like Christmas.

Bookmark   April 8, 2009 at 8:27AM
blue_heeler

Aechmeas are my favourites. I had an Aech. Caesia (or is it Gaiters?) and an Aech. Flavo Rosea come into flower this week.

Bookmark   April 8, 2009 at 8:53AM
More Discussions
NOID brom with blue inflo
any idea what this might be? the color is just unbelievable!...
petrushka
?? Achemea tessmannii
I got this as no ID.. It is blooming and looks similar...
radhavall
Viresa question
Ok, so I have probalby already managed to kill a small...
cygnwulf
ID this curly Bromeliad
Ready to put these in the ground. Forgot to ask the...
halfwaythere1
Bert in a basket
I have an Ae Bert that I would like to plant in an...
dogboy27
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™