Tillandsia tenuifolia 'white flower'...

stanofhApril 20, 2013

With some 'rubra' mixed in I think. Its so nice my local Home Depot is selling Tills again. And unattached. Felt good to look through the "bin".
Any keeper experiences for me to keep in mind?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
naoh123

I just got one of these a few weeks ago. Ive had good luck treating it like any other tillandsia of mine: a 1-2 hour soak, half submerged, twice a week, and a generous misting in the morning and evening. Oh and biweekly feeding. Thats awesome that home depot had this! Mine came with 2 pups already started and it has sprouted 3 more in the short time ive had it.

Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 4:14AM
gonzer_gw

Stan, no 'rubra' in it, just straight tenuifolia. They can grow into a big ball if not given too much lovin'.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 5:19PM
stanofh

Thanks Gonzer. I got to post a photo of it now outside and in flower. It stands out.

Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 5:11PM
Colleen53

Rain Forest Flora sells to Home Depot in our area which is in Southern California. Paul, the owner, is such a nice guy who owns the business, ID these tilly's for me. They sell these cute colorful birds on a ring and they have that tilly as well on them. A beautiful store you need to visit if you are in the area of Torrance, California.

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 9:39AM
More Discussions
Bert in a basket
I have an Ae Bert that I would like to plant in an...
dogboy27
treated timber
So the time has come to rebuild my pergola where I...
Adam Harbeck
ID Please
Another one I lost the tag to,can you please help me...
gardencraze
ID this curly Bromeliad
Ready to put these in the ground. Forgot to ask the...
halfwaythere1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™