Tillandsia lindenii

brom_adorer(Mid-North Coast, NSW)May 19, 2010

I have had this plant for around 4 years, and have divided it a few times. This year, one has flowered quite peculiarly! I think it is a double(or more)flower? Does this happen often?

Normal flower

not normal flower

Is this something I can hope to expect on any offsets this one may produce? Or do you think it might be a one-of? I am quite liking the effect.

BA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
splinter1804

Hi BA,

That looks pretty spectacular, does it have a perfume like Cyanea and if so, is the perfume on the double flower any stronger than a single flower?

I know, questions, questions, questions, but then I am only a boy (old) and still learning.

All the best, Nev.

Bookmark   May 19, 2010 at 3:12PM
gonzer_gw

Wait until all the flowers open. It may be just an anomaly.

Bookmark   May 19, 2010 at 6:58PM
brom_adorer(Mid-North Coast, NSW)

Its had 3 blooms the same so far, and it always smells of cloves in the general area, but then I have another pot with two flower spikes (normal) It is so warm in there, and bright and the smell is sensational. I shall have another sniff tomorrow and see if I can detect any difference, although I suspect that once I sniff one, my nose won't work as well when I sniff the next.
Thanks PB for the Email. I had seen Neo flower abnormalities in this forum once before I think, and I'm pretty sure you showed me some the last visit? Anyone got Tills or other doing strange things? What about Bills? Do they throw double flowers? Wouldn't that be something?
BA

Bookmark   May 20, 2010 at 4:05AM
More Discussions
NOID brom with blue inflo
any idea what this might be? the color is just unbelievable!...
petrushka
treated timber
So the time has come to rebuild my pergola where I...
Adam Harbeck
ID Please
Another one I lost the tag to,can you please help me...
gardencraze
Viresa question
Ok, so I have probalby already managed to kill a small...
cygnwulf
Is this a bromeliad???
I got this from my aunt, who wasn't sure what it is....
embolton0620
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™