Espoma Organic Potting Mix

GrowSis(9B Inland Empire,CA)November 13, 2012

I am not going to mix my own. Really and truly I'm not. Given that limitation will the following product work to grow my (only) plant and not harm it. It's been growing in coir for 2 years and now needs to be re-potted when I take it out of dormancy next week. I just need fresh soil in a bigger pot that won't hurt my plant. I would like it to grow stronger than in the coir (which has been just fine but is not readily available) but only if I can achieve that easily/cheaply. Unfortunately the company doesn't list the product sheet so I can't investigate the ingredients. Although I am suspicious of the myco-tones. Has anyone used this one? Any wisdoms? Complaints? General reviews are good but none are Amaryllis-specific. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)

If it's organic, then I suppose (guess!) it's got lots of wood, mulch, etc. Stuff that will break down. You could add inorganics to improve draining and air circulation around the roots. This would include things like: sand, perlite, decomposed granite, pea gravel, and/or "chicken grit" (I think this might be crushed oyster shells). Look at the FAQ(don't reply to it) and read the discussion on potting media. Lots of good info there!
K

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 8:43PM
More Discussions
Whites
I am fond of predominantly white Amaryllis. Some of...
brigarif Khan
Just opened today
H. Jewel, H. Papilio, and H. Montecarlo. H. Giraffe...
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
Benfica x Royal Velvet – full blooded dark red
The offspring of my two darkest varieties, Benfica...
hippiezep
RED BLOTCH?
I noticed the other day that a new amaryllis bulb that...
chris_p1
What else is blooming.....(non-Hippies)
This is a close relative of hippeastrum, Cyrtanthus...
jimnpa (zone6a PA USA)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™