Lowe's trip

tiarella(7b)November 28, 2010

I went to buy plastic liners for my plant stand and of course I had to look at amaryllis. Prior to Loew's I was at Target and purchased 3 hippies (2 for me, 1 for a gift). Smith and Hawkin bulbs and $7 each 2 Red Lion and 1 Apple Blossom. I was surprised because Lowe's had some hippies I had not noticed before and I was going to get some when I remembered that any unsold items go on sale sometime before Christmas and some of them had leaves or buds sticking out so I decided to wait a bit. Besides I forgot to get some potting soil and I will have to go back again to also buy a gift for my husband in the tool dept.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arbo_retum(z5 ,WinchstrMA)

tiarella and others, it would be sooo much better if youall included your location next to your zone. in cases like this, lowes stores vary from store to store so i have no idea if your experience is relevant for me!!

Bookmark   November 29, 2010 at 1:55PM
beachplant(9b)

Several people have posted that when they asked the clerks or the customer service reps about discounts for bulbs that were/had already bloomed they were getting great discounts, $1.50-$3.00 for the bulbs. Spring, Texas I know and several other states, perhaps Arkansas?

I'd ask for a discount! I plan on stopping in Friday for some things & will see if I have any luck getting cheap bulbs.
Tally HO!

Bookmark   November 29, 2010 at 4:27PM
svham

I was visiting my parents in Murrels Inlet, SC - they had a bunch of amaryllis in boxes that the scapes were already busting out of the boxes (many were already blooming). They were marked at $5.98 and their other bulbs (daffs,crocus, etc) were marked 75% off - I asked the lady in the garden ctr and she said that I could have them for .50 cents each!! I got ten!

Bookmark   November 29, 2010 at 7:03PM
tiarella(7b)

To clarify - upstate SC. I just took another trip to a local nursery and got Blossom Peacock, Elvas, Gold Medal (in full bloom with second stalk to blossom). Yes a Hadeco bulb I didn't realize when I was there previously that they had them. I won't make that mistake next year! Then I went to Lowe's and picked up Minerva and Star of Holland. At Home Depot scored a Desire. Help, I need a doctor!

Bookmark   December 2, 2010 at 10:18PM
beachplant(9b)

Lowes in Texas City and Dickinson sold me the already bloomed marked down to $4.98 box bulbs for $2.49. I got 6 of the not Susan/Lady Janes, 2 ?Apple Blossom, 1 Star of Holland, 1 White-Christmas something. 1/2 off the $9.98 that had bloomed but I passed. Will wait & see if they will go down to 75% off.
Tally HO!

Bookmark   December 3, 2010 at 5:07PM
More Discussions
Friday night....star and group photos
Well, we aren't the only one who likes H. Night Star...group...
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
Photos from this evening!
It's saying my post is 6198000 characters over the...
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
Mr. Patchy
Both flowers have these white patches, non other around...
brigarif Khan
My uni-colours
The second to follow
brigarif Khan
I'm new to this forum... Hello!
My name is Allison and I'm a college student in NJ....
amaryllisgirl123 (zone 7 NJ USA)
Sponsored Products
Gervin Leather Sofa - Brighton Aubergine Purple
Joybird Furniture
Kraus KHU103-33-KPF2160-SD20 Double Basin Undermount Kitchen Sink with Faucet Mu
$559.95 | Hayneedle
Mia Satin Nickel Four-Light Bath Fixture with Ceylon Glass
$598.50 | Bellacor
Sonata LED Pendant
Lightology
MegaOrb 28-gallon Aquarium
$525.00 | FRONTGATE
Safavieh Area Rug: Shag Smoke/Dark Brown 8.5' x 12'
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™