Will my pale green leaves ever recover?

debbie1000May 16, 2010

I realize I've been doing it all wrong with my bromeleads. They were in full sun, I watered them every 1-2 days when there was no rain. Now the leaves are pale green but the tips are brown and crunchy yet soggy. So I have cut off the brown parts, they look much better but far from nice!

I have also separated some of them as they were very rootbound.

Will the current leaves turn a deeper green now that I have placed them in the shade? I have them in clay pots wedged between branches of a shade tree. Or will have have to wait for new growth to be hopefully deeper greeen? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dooleybugs01

buddysmum,
Hello
This depends what your brom is. Usually with broms it is about knowing your brom and what it will tolaerate. Sounds like your brom can handle some sun so maybe put it where it gets only morning sun or under a tree with dappled light. Again depends what your brom is but i would say it would go more green in more shade. With a brom burning it is better to be safe and start it in shade and if you want it to get sun hardened put it into more sun in the winter when it is not so hot then by summer it should be hardened.
Hope this helps
Dooley.

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 3:15PM
sunshine_qld

Hi buddysmum you will find clay post dry the mixture quicker than plastic pots unless they are sealed inside.

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 3:46AM
debbie1000

Thanks for the responses. So should I be planting them in a plastic pot instead of a clay one?

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 9:07AM
More Discussions
how to keep bromelaid til i get home
Hello, a friend gave me bromelaid out of her garden...
drich30099
ID please
PAnother blooming that needs ID Thanx Carmen
gardencraze
hotdiggetydam
id help- tillandsia exserta hybrid?
I traded a friend of mine for this.Its original tag...
Brian311
Thoughts on my tillandsia gardeneri?
When I bought y T. gardeneri in May last year it looked...
Iris Lau
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™