Help with ID and care of Brom

CorpsmanCooper(FL8b)May 25, 2011

Ok so I finally figured out that the plant that I have is a bromiliad but now the question is what kind? I believe it's a Neo Fairy Dust but correct me if I'm wrong. I got this plant from my grandmother's neighbor and I don't know exactly how to care for it. I know it doesn't like direct sun and the tank needs to be full but other than that I haven't got a clue. Also, it seems to flowering. Does that mean it's going to die? I've already retrieved a pup from it and re-potted it. I've included some pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
splinter1804

Hi everyone,

CC, (I'll call you that,saves typing),you are correct when you say your plant is a Neoregelia but it isn't "Fairy Dust" (see pic on the FCBS Photo Index "http://fcbs.org/pictures.htm.";

If you have the time to go through all of the pic's in the Photo Index you may find it, but only if it has been registered. There are many Neo hybrids that have similar marking to the one in your picture and two which come to mind are Cracker Jack and Charm and also I have one which is a hybrid between the two, so I think you will have along search.

As for information on how to care for it, well that's easy; open up the FCBS site "http://fcbs.org/";, scroll
down the index on the left of the home page and click on "culture" and all your questions should be answered.

All the best, Nev.

Bookmark   May 25, 2011 at 5:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CorpsmanCooper(FL8b)

Thank you very much for the help!

Bookmark   May 25, 2011 at 11:25PM
More Discussions
?? Achemea tessmannii
I got this as no ID.. It is blooming and looks similar...
radhavall
Is this a bromeliad???
I got this from my aunt, who wasn't sure what it is....
embolton0620
seeking info on Neo Royal Flush
A web search gives me a wide range of conflicting information...
pearlbegonia
photo #2 of id - exserta hybrid?
Here is the photo of the bloom spike. my apologies...
Brian311
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™