Looking for Brugs cuttings....please?

gardenlady48(z5 IL)January 14, 2013

Greetings-
If any kind Brugs owner has any cuttings to share I would be happy to pay the shipping....I live in central Illinois. I'll give them a nice home with lots of love! :)

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vaskirt

It's a bad time of year for most people and brug cuttings. Fall is best when people are trimming them to take inside for the winter. ;)

Bookmark   January 16, 2013 at 8:52PM
gardenlady48(z5 IL)

Oops...thanks Ednam for the heads up...I should have realized that....oh we'll. hope I can rember that in the fall. :)

Bookmark   January 16, 2013 at 9:32PM
eahamel(9a)

Wait until late spring, it will be fine to ship cuttings then. They won't survive much freeze, so fall might not be a good time for shipping.

Bookmark   January 17, 2013 at 2:50PM
gardenlady48(z5 IL)

Guess I better not order one on eBay either until spring...thanks for bringing me back to reality! Too anxious....

Bookmark   January 17, 2013 at 3:47PM
kayjones(Mo6b)

If the Brug cuttings are wrapped in moist paper and again in bubble wrap, they will ship just fine.

Bookmark   January 17, 2013 at 4:05PM
karyn1(7a)

I wouldn't trust shipping to the IL area this time of year w/o a 72 hr heat pack.

Bookmark   January 21, 2013 at 7:35AM
monet_g

+ Karyn. It's just too cold here in the northern states - running at 10 to 20 degrees F here right now.

Gardenlady, one nice thing about getting cuttings in the Spring is that they settle in, root well and grow on for the season. I have some that I brought in during the Fall - they're alive, but not thriving.

Bookmark   January 23, 2013 at 4:19PM
gardenlady48(z5 IL)

Thanks all for the tips! Looking forward to receiving cuttings this spring . :)

Bookmark   January 23, 2013 at 7:25PM
rednofl(9b Goldenrod Fl hz 10)

We haven't had a winter here in Fla this year so I am getting ready to cut back my Brugs in the next few weeks . I would be glad to send you some fresh cuttings.

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 5:16AM
gardenlady48(z5 IL)

Really!? How exciting...I heard if they are wrapped correctly the should not freeze in the transport? Which variety do you have? :)

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 11:45AM
mickeyMANTLE

i would also like some cuttings the weather is great here and have been shipping and receiving other tropical plants with no problem
love yellow red and orange plants , starting a new butterfly hummingbird garden and need more plants and I am on a tight budget
thanks

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 1:47PM
grullablue(5)

I would love another brug, if anyone has a cutting to share this spring. I don't know what I'm after, it really doesn't matter. I have a Jean Pasco now, and just adored it last year. The sight, the smell....amazing! I'm in southern WI. My brug is in the basement, and just recently I noticed it's thinking about leafing out now! I can't wait for spring to get here!!

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 8:37AM

All mine grow outdoors and we dodged a freeze this year.They are all huge and I am getting ready to trim mine so If anyone wants cuttings send me an email

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 8:33PM

Hey mamasllamas , grullablue, carrie751 I will be happy to send you cuttings , BUT you have to have your email turned on on in gardenweb so I can reply to your emails.

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 6:28AM
gardenlady48(z5 IL)

rednofl,
my email is turned on and I too would love some cuttings. I originally posted this thread and looking forward to some cuttings to grow. Gladly will pay for the shipping. thank you for your time and effort. :)

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 11:30AM
grullablue(5)

I will check my Email status of GW.... but my Email is grullablue@gmail.com just in case!

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 9:08AM
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

My email is turned on also................just received one through it this morning. Don't know what the problem is if you cannot access it.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 12:32PM

babette11 .... I have some cuttings ready but your email addy doesnt show up in your email . Send me your email address I have 4 different cuttings soaking right now Adora, National Habitat, Equador White and the Yellow noid. you are welcome to them

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 5:48AM
gardenlady48(z5 IL)

Rednofl,
My email is: grdngrl.pam@gmail.com

Send me an email and I will give you my address! Thanks!

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 9:37AM
More Discussions
Brugmansia cuttings
Hi I am trying to see if anyone has brugmansia cuttings...
marcie_new
angel trumpet seeds
im getting ready to bid on some white and purple angel...
jeannie75
Here's to a great World Series tonight
Looking forward to a good World Series . Guess I'm...
BeachLorax
quick question
Should I cut off all the bottom growth so I have one...
Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
Brugmansia Eternity
I think everyone should have no problems flowering...
boonboon
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™