Sandy

wifey2mikey(7a Tulsa, OK)April 18, 2011

Sandy - sorry for not calling you yesterday as planned. My daughter was involved in a roll over accident in Oklahoma City on Sunday morning and we were gone most of the day taking care of her. She is fine by the way. Miraculously crawled out of a very crushed car without so much as a scratch or a bruise. She is very sore today however. Will you abe around this evening? If so, I'll call you then...

Again, my apologies. I'm at work and dont' have access to my home email or I would have called or emailed you.

~Laura

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
butterflymomok(7a NE OK)

Laura, I'll be around this evening. Just give me a call whenever. No apologies needed. Glad your daughter wasn't critically injured. What a horrible experience!

Sandy

Bookmark   April 18, 2011 at 4:32PM
susanlynne48(OKC7a)

Laura, how awful! I am glad she walked away from it. My daughter was in a rollover accident several years ago and it is scary beyond belief how they survive that. She ended up upside down, hanging by her seatbelt (thank goodness she had it on) and passersby helped her get out of the car because it was leaking gasoline. Those accidents are frightening and I always dreaded those calls.

So I can relate to the trauma of that experience. Hope she continues to do well.....

Susan

Bookmark   April 19, 2011 at 8:37AM
wifey2mikey(7a Tulsa, OK)

Thank you Susan. That's exactly the same thing that happened to Michelle. She ended up upside down in a drainage ditch. She had to crawl through the passenger window to get out of the car. She flagged down a passing motorist after the OKC 911 operator hung up on her. I'm still amazed that she got out of the car without so much as a bruise or scratch. She's just a tiny bit sore, but nothing major at all considering the damage to the car.

Bookmark   April 19, 2011 at 1:23PM
susanlynne48(OKC7a)

So glad she's safe. I kept a photo of my daughter's mangled car on the fridge door for a long time just to remind her to drive safely. The accident was her fault as she ran a red light (one of those that you don't see until after you've already gone thru it, at a shopping center area) and a truck T-boned her car. She was soooooo lucky, too.

Anyway, hope you get off to a good butterfly season and I am sure that Sandy will help you do just that.

I found a Monarch egg on the tiniest milkweed start in my yard - only about 3" tall. Go figure...

Susan

Bookmark   April 20, 2011 at 8:17AM
More Discussions
Spring Azure!
I was working outside on this clear day, and I saw...
misssherry
Camera settings for butterflies...part II
The first part of this series on custom settings established...
bob_71
"showy milkweed" asclepias-speciosa plants available
For your information: Milkweed plants currently available...
mary_littlerockar
Spring preview
Unseasonably warm temps caused early flowering of desert...
joncongaroo
Any one have Ptelea trifoliata?
Common name is wafer ash or hop tree. I would like...
Jacob BergZone4b-5aMN
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™