Two NOIDS looking for a name

splinter1804June 6, 2010

Hi everyone,

Can anyone ID this unnamed Vriesea which I bought last year. It's nothing special, but there was just something about it that I liked.

This Billbergia I was given when I first became interested in bromeliads about ten years back. The lady who gave it to me didn't know the name and although I suspect it's a very common one, it always flowers at this same time every year and I still think looks good in a large clump.

I was told once it could be Bill. amoena but there was nothing definite. The colour of the pink in the pic's isn't quite accurate as it's more of a soft salmon pink.

Any help would be appreciated.

All the best, Nev.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kerry_t_australia(9)

Not sure about your lovely huge clump of Billbergias, Nev. What a wonderful sight it is too. It might be a vittata hybrid, which is also flowering now in my neck of the woods. (excuse the pun, Nev!)

I am pretty sure though that your Vriesea is V. flava - a pretty species formerly known as V. morreniana.

K :)

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 6:11AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kerry_t_australia(9)

Not sure about your lovely huge clump of Billbergias, Nev. What a wonderful sight to see so many flowering at once. It might be a vittata hybrid, which is also flowering now in my neck of the woods. (excuse the pun, Nev!)

I am pretty sure though, that your Vriesea is V. flava - a pretty species formerly known as V. morreniana. I showed photos of mine once before on the forum, when you asked about another unnamed Vriesea of yours. This time round, I think this is it.

K :)

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 7:53AM
More Discussions
NOID brom with blue inflo
any idea what this might be? the color is just unbelievable!...
petrushka
Impulsiv-ity and Tillandsia
Good Morning! Newbie here (to all plants). In an extremely...
Kristinkle
Please help with ID
Can someone please ID this Brom for me.
gardencraze
Anybody want to ID these Tillandsias?
I got 7 Tillandsias yesterday from a small store.....
MrBlubs
Hey Nev!
What's going on with the other forum????
gonzer_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™