Snowbank

karyn1(7a)February 28, 2012

For some reason Snowbank will only bloom during the winter for me. If I didn't like the foliage I'd trash it. During the summer the foliage is full and beautiful but looks like crap over the winter. Arborea also only blooms during the winter for me but that's a cold group variety. I don't know why Snowbank blooms when it does. The foliage is sparse and crinkled over the winter. It doesn't have mites but does harbor some aphids, along with almost everything else in the garage. The flowers aren't anything special. I might just start letting it go dormant and give up on blooms. I like the foliage enough to keep it even without flowers. I can't wait until it's warm enough to get everything back outside!

This is what the foliage looks like during the summer (same plant).

A native orchid, Eulophia graminea, that I found in FL in Jan sent up 3 spikes.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maile_2010(4 Central MN)

Hi Karyn,
I found 4 stores that sell 'Snowbank' but I will not post them here because of the patent thing or at least not until I have one. The only one of the variegated brugs that I don't have. I have them just for the foliage also. Blooms would be a plus.
Jerry

Bookmark   February 28, 2012 at 8:28PM
karyn1(7a)

Jerry what other variegated varieties do you have? There's quite a few.

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 7:03AM
maile_2010(4 Central MN)

I just have the common ones. Maya, P&C, Miners Claim and Variegata. The only other ones I know of are Fred's Sommers. Know where others can be purchased?

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 9:07AM
eloise_ca

Love the look of Snowbanks leaves Karyn. Mine croaked this pass summer, but eventually will get another. Right now I am mostly concentrating in growing veggies.

Jerry, what do you mean "the common ones"! Those are all great variegated brugs!

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 9:23AM
karyn1(7a)

Jerry I assume the regular sources. Most of mine were given to me by friends or through trades.

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 9:26AM
More Discussions
angel trumpet seeds
im getting ready to bid on some white and purple angel...
jeannie75
goodgirl35us
brugs for trade
I have these Brugs. Looking to trade. Infinity Phanomenal Tiara Rosa...
maile_2010
jhl1654
How many cuttings in one pot?
I have 12 cuttings in water that have lengthy roots...
bdw75
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™