Where is everyone?

love_the_yard(z9A Jax FL)June 23, 2012

It seems like everyone has left. Where did everyone go? Is there another bromeliad forum?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hotdiggetydam

There are a few of us still here.

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 8:39AM
love_the_yard(z9A Jax FL)

HDD, good to see you still checking in here.

Does Nev still come around? Do you have a copy of Nev's Guide referred to in the post linked below?

Thanks!
Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Nev's Guide

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 4:39PM
hotdiggetydam

Hi Yard
I dont have it but I will email Nev and tell him to check in here for your message :)

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 4:43PM
pinkbroms

Hi Guys

Nev's still about he's been having some computery thing problems, may need to try his 'mayailsa' address HDD.

Bookmark   June 25, 2012 at 7:05PM
hotdiggetydam

He was having health issue's last we spoke but I have sent him an email. I am sure when he can he will pop by this forum.

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 2:36PM
gonzer_gw

Many left due to the lack of etiquette acknowledging answers given to questions. I'd been gone due to this factor but popped in and just answered 2 queries last week without a response. Can't speak for the others but I was still under the impression that a "thanks" was warranted when a response was given. I see some things never change around here.

Bookmark   July 7, 2012 at 8:01AM
love_the_yard(z9A Jax FL)

Hi Gonzer and all,

I completely understand. I routinely give my time on the Florida Gardening forum and sometimes the original poster disappears into thin air. :)

Thank you, all, for your help!

Carol

Bookmark   July 7, 2012 at 3:27PM
splinter1804

Hi everyone,

I still "pop" in from time to time however with an ancient computer(almost as ancient as me)I don't get onto the forums as regularly as I'd like to.

The few time I have dropped in there hasn't seemed to be too much happening and I thought maybe everyone had gone to the other forums or to Face Book.

Anyway, maybe I'll drop in more often if I can.

All the best, Nev.

Bookmark   July 7, 2012 at 8:19PM
hotdiggetydam

Hi Nev
Glad you were able to pop in.
Hi Gonz glad you popped in to and gave some of your wonderful answers. THANK YOU!

Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 9:27AM
gonzer_gw

No problem HD, stay cool!

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 8:49AM
elpaninaro(z9 TX)

I am still around. Like gonzer- I am weary of people dropping in just to ask for free IDs and then not even saying thank you- to say nothing of the fact such people often have no intention of sharing their experiences for the benefit of all. Common issue with many hobby forums these days.

For the 2010 freeze in Houston, I was out of town and came home to a lot of dead plants covered in ice (had it not been for the big rainfall that froze over, most would have been fine)- including that awesome Aechmea Marcelino I posted here a couple of summers ago. Living back in Austin now and building up a nice collection again- but mostly offsets of collectible type stuff, so nothing blooming to post just yet.

Still- enjoy lurking and reading. The Aechmea spectabilis thread was helpful now that I have a young pup taking up an entire corner of the patio. For all the junk, there is still much good discussion here- and I am grateful for it.

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 9:22PM
hotdiggetydam

You have zone 9 in Austin?

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 6:43AM
elpaninaro(z9 TX)

Good catch- forgot to change that when I moved back. Done!

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 6:18PM
splinter1804

Hi everyone,

I'm afraid I'm missing all of the in depth discussions we previously had on this site and because of that I'm trying to stimulate a bit of discussion on the subject of "Promoting new roots on bromeliad offsets". I know it's been written about before, but as the years roll by and new things are investigated, maybe it's time for a re-visit.

Many growers have their own methods of doing this and I would like to see these methods shared here for all to see. Whether it's some "way out invention" or just a particular type of fertiliser, if it aids in the promotion of new roots on offsets, please share it with us all.

All the best, Nev.

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 7:39PM
bradisha(Z10 / 11)

Hi Love The Yard I did not leave the Bromeliad Forum I check in/Lurk as often as I can. My excuse is I learned so much from this forum, thanks to HDD and all the other original members that my bromeliad collection has demanded
so much attention (Enjoying the beauty, sharing with unexpected visitors,keeping it tidy etc)that my computer time is not what is was before. LOL Keep up the good works Hotdiggitydam I admire your dedication.

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 8:06PM
hotdiggetydam

Hi bradisha and thank you.
Wonderful photo. With the storms that brush your area
its great to see all is well

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 11:22AM
Lnorigb(9b/10a)

perhaps the issue of folks not interacting as much as they could will be solved with the new forum changes? such as the ability to have replies emailed to you on a thread you started or commented on. Or more newbs, like myself, will bump older threads? assuming the authorities don't' take away my ability to peruse the old threads. =)

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 11:44PM
More Discussions
ID Please
Another one I lost the tag to,can you please help me...
gardencraze
treated timber
So the time has come to rebuild my pergola where I...
Adam Harbeck
Anybody want to ID these Tillandsias?
I got 7 Tillandsias yesterday from a small store.....
MrBlubs
id help- tillandsia exserta hybrid?
I traded a friend of mine for this.Its original tag...
Brian311
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™