'Evergreen' & 'Sweet Nymph' again..

dondelduxDecember 30, 2011

Hi,

I have two more bulbs blooming from my heist at the nearby nursery. The Evergreen is astounding and I absolutely love it!! It has 7 flowers on the first scape although I don't know if they all come out together before the first starts to deteriorate..do they? Anyway, I just love it!

The second one was bought as "Pink" Nymph..I think from pictures I've seen of Pink Nymph that it is a darker pink double. Well, anyway I got "Sweet" Nymph instead..went through #&!! last year to get one and now I get one in a mislabel the very next year!! Someone must be flooding the market with these..at first I though it might be the ubiquitous Lady Jane that pops up everywhere. I do like the color of Sweet Nymph, but the flower does leave a bit to be desired..very messy and with all those filaments with pollen sticking out here and there willy-nilly..not the best double..they should have left this one on the drawing board a bit longer..(IMHO) I still have the one from last year and it's doing fine, maybe when it flowers again it will be a bit more refined..but as I say, the color is great!

Here they are:

looks like an explosion went off (didn't dare to use the "B" word)

Guess I won't have to worry about anyone "stealing" my Sweet Nymph pictures will I...Thanks for looking,

Oh and by the way, I bought two Pink Nymphs from two different distributors at this nursery..both bulbs looked entirely different so that's why I took the chance and bought them both..so all is not lost yet...

Donna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dondeldux

I just had to add.. looking at those pictures again, poor Evergreen standing tall and proud..standing next to his messy girlfriend who forgot to comb her hair this morning.....

Bookmark   December 30, 2011 at 12:09PM
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)

Ya know....Sweet Nymph was fantastic in Holland....! I know that they select their best blooms for the show, but they apparently misrepresented the bulb altogether!

Let's see how ours repeat in the spring.
:-)
K

Bookmark   December 30, 2011 at 12:19PM
joshy46013

She is a mess, huh? It seems that SN never looks good..

I just googled her, the only pictures that she doesn't look crazy in is the pictures used to sell her. Maybe she gets better as she gets older?

Bookmark   December 30, 2011 at 12:24PM

Now come on Josh...she was radiant in the first photos I posted of her from the show in Holland...everyone drooled over those!! Hey...wonder if they plucked the "stray" anthers...that would explain part of it.
:-p
K

Here's another little mini to make listers drool...not yet being sold (NOT FAIR!!):

Bookmark   December 30, 2011 at 2:54PM
Noni Morrison

Adorable pink Minis! I WANT!

Bookmark   December 30, 2011 at 10:09PM
joshy46013

I still think she looks messy in those pics but NOT as messy ;) I'm just not happy with her, I think the coloring is incredible and that must be why they sell her.

Bookmark   December 30, 2011 at 10:25PM
haxuan(Vietnam)

Beautiful blooms, Donna. Thanks for sharing.

I love both Evergreen and Sweet nymph. They are breathtaking.

Xuan

Bookmark   December 30, 2011 at 11:10PM
tommyr_gw

Ooooh! I have an "Evergreen" about to bloom! Picture shortly!

Bookmark   December 31, 2011 at 2:02PM
dondeldux

If you haven't yet bloomed an Evergreen as I hadn't you're just gonna love her!!

She's the same color as a Honeydew melon!!

This is the last picture I will bore you with, I just pulled off all her pollen and dabbed a little on..

Donna

Bookmark   December 31, 2011 at 4:27PM
SummerPerson

Donna, all the pictures of Amaryllis flowers that you have posted are beautiful.

Bookmark   December 31, 2011 at 6:50PM

I loved my Evergreen too. So glad that it is still around.Your comparison with the Honeydew melon is great!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Kristi

Bookmark   January 1, 2012 at 10:39AM
TigerFox

Dear Donna
Your vision is very good,'Evergreen' & 'Sweet Nymph' are blooming gorgeous beautiful!!!

Best regards for you
Tiger

Bookmark   August 6, 2012 at 8:17AM
More Discussions
Hippeastrum correiense
From Komoriya.. Sooo hopeful for the blooms.. What...
radhavall
Nititii P.
Holding my breath ...
My Noid is about to reveal her identity …
bragu_DSM 5
Did anyone get an H004?
The buds on mine are exposed and the color is looking...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™