What to do with my flowered cono

Logan2February 7, 2013

So I have another thread earlier about my plants getting wrinkly. See my conophytum uviformi and my astrophytum asterias in the picture. So my conophytum has flowered back in Dec and Jan. What am I supposed to do right now with the remaining flower stems? I thought new plant was supposed to emerge from inside the old plant, but it's so shriveled up right now is it not doing well? All of my plants seemed to be all shriveled up except the two lithops that are splitting and it's nice and plump. Any suggestions? Thanks a million!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hanzrobo(11)

I don't grow many cacti but I think your Astrophytum is probably semi or fully dormant right now while your Cono should be in full growth. You can remove the Cono and give it a soak if you're brave or remove the Astro and the Lithops and then give the Cono a drenching. It looks like it can still plump up. If you can get it plump again, it will sheath over in the Summer and with a well-timed watering in early Winter, fresh growth will emerge from the papery sheath.

The Titanopsis and the Cono are in full growth mode right now while your Lithops are growing but very slowly, needing less water. Those are some very nice plants, by the way.

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 12:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Logan2

Thank you, I will take out the cono and wet it and repot them separately.

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 4:51PM
More Discussions
Watering & fertilizer regimine??
For the last year (one summer & one winter) I have...
halocline
Jades on Sunday Morning
For me, one of the joys of Sunday is being able to...
kaktuskris
Jades - Too many for 1 pot?
I am going to repot my jade as soon as I get all the...
Gigi z 7B, SC, USA
Zebra cactus (hawarthia) help?
Ok, so I first posted at the end of January about my...
niknac
Gasteria question
Hi all, Does anyone have experience with restarting...
hablu
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™