Semi-OT: Butterfly Garden Decor?

moonwolf_gwApril 27, 2013

Hi everyone,

I haven't been around much on this forum lately, but I'm WS/SS'ing like crazy and always keeping the butterflies in mind. As a fellow butterfly admirer, I wanted to ask you if you had any decorations in your gardens that are butterfly themed? Flags, signs, wind chimes, lights, and the like? I have a few items here and there. I have a butterfly wind chime that stays indoors year 'round. On another note, I got this beautiful, cozy butterfly throw/blanket for my birthday last month and it was perhaps my favorite gift out of the presents I received. :-)

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wifey2mikey(7a Tulsa, OK)

I have a few things that are butterfly themed... There is a metal sculpture hanging from the bricks on the wall under my covered porch. I also have a black metal butterfly shaped stake that I bought at Hobby Lobby two summers ago. I have a welcome sign in the garden, too, but that's about it. Most everything ends up getting covered up by the flowers by the end of the summer. :-)
~Laura

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 9:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
monkeybelle(7A NJ (Camden County))

I prefer the butterflies and flowers to be the main attraction and don't have much décor. We do have an old potting station on the porch that I love. However, my neighbor gave us a whole bunch of his mother's old weathered garden gnomes, so there's about 10 gnomes out there. FYI, weather-beaten, sun-faded gnomes with glass eyes are a bit creepy. And then my husband added some gargoyles in an attempt to make things more manly. So basically, between the overgrown flowers (because more is more, right?) and the creepy gnomes and random snarly gargoyles, we look like the neighborhood crazy house. I love it.

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 10:08PM
More Discussions
Protecting cats outside
I'm not really into bringing the cats inside, so I'm...
catherinet
Snow and ice,come on spring !
Snow and ice on the ground here in arkansas today,has...
arkpollinator
Monarch Caterpillars out of food!
I grow a few milkweeds for the monarch butterflies,...
SoFL Rose z10
Camera settings for butterflies...part II
The first part of this series on custom settings established...
bob_71
Host Plants by Butterfly species
Well, everything is new here. Will post this to see...
mary_littlerockar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™