IDs please?

landrucFebruary 29, 2012

First off, a 5-foot-tall something I got at a wholesaler for $10 (!):

Next:

And lastly, a box of little ones my mother has bought over the past couple of months:

Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosemariero6(z10 /ss24 So. Calif.)

I believe your 5-footer is Kalanchoe pinnata (previously in the genus Bryophyllum).

2nd one is a bit of a mystery...looks like a cross. Seems to have one of more of the following in it: Pachyphytum, Graptopetalum, Echeveria, Sedum. If/when it flowers, please come back & post~might be able to nail it down then.

In your group, the whole back row are Crassula, looks like to me, left to right: C. 'Springtime', C. conjuncta, not sure which Crassula-are the leaves smooth or hairy?, C. arborescens v. undulatifolia.

Front row, l to r, Sedum lineare f. variegata, somewhat like Crassula mesembryanthemoides-but need to see detail pic of leaves, please, Aptenia cordifolia-variegated (might be a named variety).

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 1:29PM
landruc

Okay, I've finally gotten a closeup of the front row, middle Crassula online:

Also, the third place, back row Crassula's leaves are smooth, but the edges are almost serrated, but too finely to be seen unless one looks very closely.

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 12:06PM
rosemariero6(z10 /ss24 So. Calif.)

Thanks for the additional pix! :) Middle front row (lg photo you've provided) looks like Crassula pubescens.

Other, smooth-leaved one in back could be a form of Crassula nudicaulis. Hard to say, without a closer view. Are there hairs (cilia) on the leaf edges, or a saw-tooth shape (serrated)?

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 1:26PM
More Discussions
Show my new collection of succulents
I got a present. Look at these succulents.
hm825
Need Help rooting GIGANTIC Jade cutting from 30 year old specimen
As stated, someone did a HUGE favor for me (no charge...
Bama_Joe
Can you please name the exact variety of this cactus (Qatar)
Many YouTube videos and articles say cactus is good...
maufie123
Help me save these plants!!
I was just given a gorgeous succulent arrangement and...
Celeste Jackson
Al's Gritty Mix
Need help finding Bark Fines and Gritty Mix in Greenville,...
Gigi z 7B, Upstate SC, USA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™