Got a few blooms

jlgarden(8)February 21, 2012

With temp got to 31F for only one night this winter, all my tropical are staying outside most the time. I also want to grow this one to become tree form (in pot) with ticker and stronger trunk. Any advice to do so? Thanks in advance.

Mark

This one was dug from the ground before winter. No bloom but has some new growth.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kasha77

Looks like you're on your way! Thicker and stronger trunks come with age and maturity! it will get bigger as your season progresses. Can you plant it inground? It will really take off if you can. It's roots will grow down deeper and the plant will increase in size. Best wishes! Fine job!:)

Bookmark   February 23, 2012 at 6:50PM
eloise_ca

Mark, congrats on the care of your brugs. Won't be long before they shoot up and give you plenty of blooms. As Kathy said, if you plant in the ground, they really can take off.

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 10:42AM
marcie_new(z8)

Great pictures!! I see you have papayas growing, mango and chirimoya? Thanks for sharing. Marcie

Bookmark   February 26, 2012 at 4:31PM
chena(z8 Texas)

Nice!!! Looks Great!

Kylie

Bookmark   February 26, 2012 at 4:53PM
jlgarden(8)

Thank You everyone.
I thought I have done the plant a favor by moving it to a sunny spot. Well, this is what happened after a windy day.

I also planted the larger Brug. in ground last May after moving into this place. The strong wind also did the same damage to it. May be this is an excuse for a new green house. haha.

Wow, marcie, you spot that cherimoya hiding behind the mango seedling. It was one of three seedlings I tried a cleft graft with Atemoya last year and all failed. The mango is Nam Doc Mai. The two Red Lady papaya and three Sun Gold F1 will go in ground next month. The one in the black pot is a grafted pomelo onto a pomelo seedling that I did 2 years ago. Those on the patio are citrus, sugar apple, guava, DR and tropical.

Bookmark   February 28, 2012 at 8:22PM
More Discussions
quick question
Should I cut off all the bottom growth so I have one...
Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
Chocolate Brug
Gm, This is Eddie. Can you please email me at Eddie.Stiltner@my.lr.edu I...
eddiedewayne
Brugmansia cuttings
Hi I am trying to see if anyone has brugmansia cuttings...
marcie_new
brugmansia cuttings for postage?
Hi Guys!! I haven't been on in awhile, my new little...
keriann_lakegeneva
brugs for trade
I have these Brugs. Looking to trade. Infinity Phanomenal Tiara Rosa...
maile_2010
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™