Need Succulent ID

spapaFebruary 9, 2014

I purchased this succulent 6 months or so ago with several other "assorted succulents," but it is the only one that is not doing well. I have done many Google searches and seen succulents that looked similar, but nothing that looks quite like what I have. As you can see, it is alive, but it has not been growing new leaves upon losing old ones. The second stalk has just about nothing left. I'm hoping by identifying it, I can figure out how to care for it properly! I have attached photos.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

Possibly Sedum burrito. Do you have any pix of it when it was new?

Bookmark   February 9, 2014 at 6:39PM
Neysa

Are you watering it too much?

Neysa

Bookmark   February 9, 2014 at 10:46PM
spapa

Thank you for your responses! I signed up to get email alerts but never got any so I didn't know anyone responded. This is how the plant has looked since it was "new", minus a couple of leaves -- it was never in good shape. I don't think I was watering it too much before as I managed to keep it alive for several months, but after posting these I decided to see if water would help and that was a mistake. I started to see rot the next day so I cut off the top of the larger plant and am now waiting for that to callous over. Here is pic in better focus of just the top I'm working with now.

Also, I have several sedum burrito plants and I don't think that's it, it was a darker green although it has lightened over time, maybe from too little sun.

I did see a listing on eBay for a plant called Pachyphytum compactum that looked similar in coloration. Any possibility that's what this is?

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 9:11PM
spapa

Here is another photo from the side.

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 9:12PM
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

These other pix indicate to me that it does have Pachy in it ~whether a species Pachyphytum or an intergeneric with that~ remains to be seen. Good luck with its continued growth.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 12:27PM
More Discussions
Gollum Surprise
Gollum leaf I came across tonight. Christopher
kaktuskris
stumped with succulent
Hello everybody Please forgive my ignorance but i have...
cvalessa
It's Started...Again!
Yes, the new season of saying good-by to our winter...
bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
Jades on Sunday Morning
For me, one of the joys of Sunday is being able to...
kaktuskris
Has anyone used Copper Sulphate Pentahydrate as an fungicide?
Wondering if anyone has previous experience with using...
addicted2plants
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™