rot on one leaf of pup

ivywinJuly 9, 2014

So I have this pretty large pup still attached to the mother it has 8 leaves and the length of the leaves are as long as the mothers but the base is half the size of the mothers base. Ever since one of its leaves has grown it has had this brown dot looked like it had an injury and hadn't completely healed but I don't really know. Just today I noticed that around the brown dot it has started to rot. Not very big its about half the size of a pinky finger. I was wondering should I cut off the rot? Will it effect the rest of the leaf/plant if I don't cut it off? Will I harm the leaf/plant if I do cut it off? Is there anything else I can do? Thanks so much everyone

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunshine_qld

Split the leaf down the middle and pull to the sides and it will come off cleanly.
No harm will be done to the plant.
Sounds like it is big enough to come off and be potted.

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 5:42AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gosalsk

If the spot is old, dry, and high up on the leaf, it will not harm the plant whatsoever. No need to remove the whole leaf. If it's unattractive you can trim or remove it depending on your preference.

Rotting spots that are damp and close to the base should be removed with prejudice to prevent the rot from spreading. Cut them out or remove the whole leaf, and treat with fungicide.

If your pup has long skinny leaves the plant is not getting enough light or too much fertilizer or both.

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 9:52AM
More Discussions
seeking info on Neo Royal Flush
A web search gives me a wide range of conflicting information...
pearlbegonia
Aech ampla
Does anybody out there grow Aech ampla? Do you have...
avane_gw
HAVE: Neoregelias and cryptanthus for trade
Have Neoregelia Giant Fireball and Donger, also several...
ken_ny
ID help for a couple of things at Harry P. Leu Gardens in Orlando
I was at Leu Gardens earlier this week and, among a...
gdadtravelinig
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™