Brugmansia Velvet Rose

arghyagardengirl(9b)February 8, 2012

If you're looking for a Brug that pumps out blooms non-stop, Velvet Rose is the Brug for you. She continuously flushes throughout the year here in Florida, with only about three weeks between flushes when the weather cooperates. A fast grower that produces hundreds of blooms on a large tree. One of my favorites and a JT Sessions hybrid.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lizzann_Ar(7B)

Very nice. This is definitely what I am looking for, blooms, blooms and more blooms and a fast grower too, sounds like a winner to me! Looking forward to your store opening and hoping this will be there. My list grows longer every day.

Lizann

Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 9:13AM
xeriscape8321(Z10 FL Ft. Laud)

This was always a favorite of mine as far as massive flushes of blooms......lost her a few years ago though...now i am growing her sister Santa Rosa to see how she lives up to the family reputation

Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 10:31AM
tommysmommy(Colorado)

Very lovely. I will wait and dream till summer, and then enjoy and post pics of my babies. Thanks!
Diane

Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 1:20PM
steveandjoy(z10 BGI)

This is so beautiful. Does anyone know where I can purchase seeds. Having a hard time finding a good supplier of Brug seeds.

Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 9:03PM
karyn1(7a)

I really like this one but have never had great success with it. It's something to do with me as I know people locally that it does beautifully for. I also got my cutting from someone local. There's some brugs that should be easy that I can't grow to save my life.

Bookmark   February 10, 2012 at 9:05AM
love_the_yard(z9A Jax FL)

Does anyone know where I can get Velvet Rose from a reliable seller? I don't trust one of the seller's on eBay with a current listing. If anyone has cuttings, I would be glad to pay for both the cutting and postage.

Thanks!
Carol in Jacksonville

Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 1:47AM
eahamel(9a)

Sommergardens is a good seller, and they sell on e-bay, that's how I got two from them. They sell both plants and seeds. I don't know if they have Velvet Rose, but they have a lot of really nice ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: sommergardens

Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 9:00PM
love_the_yard(z9A Jax FL)

arghyagardengirl,

I was going through some old posts again. Your photo is so lovely. I have a question. You said, "only about three weeks between flushes when the weather cooperates." What is the weather like when it cooperates? Are you referring to no freezes? Rain? Sun? Something else?

Thanks!
Carol

This post was edited by love_the_yard on Fri, May 3, 13 at 21:11

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 3:21PM
More Discussions
Here's to a great World Series tonight
Looking forward to a good World Series . Guess I'm...
BeachLorax
Cuttings for postage 2nd year
I have been under the weather this year and finally...
rednofl
WANTED: Rooted Cuttings. Any Variety
I spent a small fortune on small UNROOTED cuttings,...
poohbearlvr
Question for Rosie1949. Re overwintering brugs in water
I posted this on another thread but since it may not...
mnwsgal 4 MN
Sphagnum Moss Rooting Method - Step by Step!
I've had a couple of requests as to how I root my cuttings!...
sibhskylvr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™