C.C.A timber

vrieseaAugust 11, 2009

Ok guys,most people have problems with this stuff and rightfully so but? (there's allways a but) i have used it for years on my buildings (and on Tamera's and a bit on Fran's)NO PROBLEMS AT ALL,why? well you have to paint the stuff all the way round, oil base is best but slowest ,a top qualtity exterior acrylic such as Dulux weather shield in either gloss or low sheen 2 coats,does it nicely ,trust me .I am a profesional contract painter (52 years in business) and it locks the compounds up nicely ,but paint it on all surfaces and where you cut it as well ,a medium green is good to look at and if the colour is not to dark it does not make the timber warp from heat built up on top of roof battens ,?white is best so the shadecloth/polycarb, sheets do not deteriate from the heat . Do not use a CHEAP PRODUCT such as Acrylic fence stain (aprox $15 for 10 litres) it is coloured water and does not work! a good paint should cost around $50 to $70 Aust dollars for 4 litres , you get what you pay for ,this has worked for me for since ever these timbers came on the market,I thought i would just mention this because there seems a lot of needless damage done to plants,also if you plan to built using Galvanized metal ? the zinc leaching out can also damage But? (there it is again ) if you wipe the metal with vinegar (use generously) let dry and then hose of after 1 -2 hrs that will cure that problem.You can use white or red wine but the temptation than is a bit great hmmm? trust this bit of info is of use to some of you ,any queries on paints etc ? i will try to answer ok ? Jack

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
avane_gw

Jack, I'm very interested in what you have to say about the galvanised metal! Do you only use that vinegar treatmant ONCE and then never again? And you do not paint it after the treatment?

Japie

Bookmark   August 11, 2009 at 4:25AM
vriesea

Hi Japie ,you only use the vinegar once and no follow up treatment or paint is required ,on old weathered metal its not needed but on new gal metal yes do it for sure its cheap,effective and good insurance.

Bookmark   August 11, 2009 at 7:31AM
rickta66(Brisbane)

Jack,

Thanks for the tip, I like treated pine but was too scared to use it anywhere near my broms.

Rick

Bookmark   August 12, 2009 at 6:12AM
More Discussions
Eye candy at Sunshine Bromeliads
If you're in South Florida you definitely need to check...
halfwaythere1
Hey Nev!
What's going on with the other forum????
gonzer_gw
ID this curly Bromeliad
Ready to put these in the ground. Forgot to ask the...
halfwaythere1
ID help for a couple of things at Harry P. Leu Gardens in Orlando
I was at Leu Gardens earlier this week and, among a...
gdadtravelinig
Sponsored Products
Remer by Nameeks A38US Hand Shower - REMER A38US
$322.00 | Hayneedle
Justice Design Group 1-light Clam Shell Ceramic Sconce
Overstock.com
Avanity BROOKS-VS30-CG-A Brooks 30 Inch Vanity Combo in Chilled Gray finish
Blue Bath
Vanity Top Samples: Pegasus Counter Tops 4 in. x 4 in. Santa Cecilia Granite
$8.00 | Home Depot
Cattelan Italia | Eliot Wood Dining Table, 79-Inch
YLiving.com