Cauton: Hippies bite ( chomp )

wesley_butterflies(5b/6)December 5, 2009

Tigers and Lions do too. A cat fan I am, but I am not a meal

The post says it all RELIABLE/depedable sorces wanted for Hippies

Happpy Holidays

Wes

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jodik_gw

Well... the most reliable sources I have purchased bulbs from are Royal Colors, John Scheeper's, and EasyToGrow Bulbs, to name a few.

I know there are several other reliable, reputable companies... some prices vary, so it depends on how much you have to spend. White Flower Farm has nice bulbs, but they're a little higher in price.

It's always wise to check a company out at Garden WatchDog... perhaps someone could provide the link, as I don't have it.

That should get you started, Wes... most of the named companies can be found with a quick Google of the words "retail amaryllis" or "hippeastrum". In case you don't already have it bookmarked, I'll start you out with Royal Colors' website... have fun!

Here is a link that might be useful: Royal Colors - Quality Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Bulbs

Bookmark   December 6, 2009 at 11:41AM
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)

Wes...they can....here's evidence of the monsters we've all gotten...ready to strike when you aren't looking!

Why don't the listers just provide names of companies they've had good luck with (with the occassional stinker...I've always gotten either a replacement, refund or credit).

I like (in no particular order):
van Egelen, McClure & Zimmerman (past problems with mislabels seems minimized), John Scheepers, bagged retail bulbs from Netherland Bulb Company, Royal Colors, Gurney's (remember if the price seems too good....buyer beware), k. van Bourgondien & sons, Smith & Hawken (when they were available....brick and mortar stores closed)

Kristi

Bookmark   December 6, 2009 at 12:48PM
jodik_gw

Kristi, I swear that looks like a Hippi Muppet... from the Sesame Street Gardens, maybe?! LOL! :-)

Bookmark   December 6, 2009 at 1:32PM
More Discussions
Worsleya seeds
If anyone is interested, someone is offering worsleya...
rredbbeard
Help ID mislabeled hipies needed please
Hi everybody I bought 2 Giraffes and I was so happy...
tsucath
Nititii P.
Full House, Tres Chic and another
From top to bottom, Komoriya mislable, Tres Chic and...
jstropic
I'm beginning to figure out the code to ordering the bulbs I want
Ok, I'm starting to figure out the code to ordering...
jstropic
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™