Bromeliaceae

avane_gwAugust 12, 2010

Does anybody in Queensland, Australia know why the back copies of your bi-monthly newsletter/magazine are not posted any more on the website of bromsqueensland.com? I found it such a nice bit of reading that I could hardly wait for your newsletter to be made available to the members because that was when the previous issue was published on the web. From all the Journals/newsletters of Brom societies, yours is the best I ever saw! Nice down-to-earth reading, plus lots of pictures.

Japie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dooleybugs01

Hi Japie,
I just got one in the mail, i think they are great as well. You can try e-mail Ross Stenhouse the editor and ask him. E-mail address is-
rossjanstenhouse@hotmail.com

Hope you can start reading them again soon.
Dooley.

Bookmark   August 12, 2010 at 3:28PM
matt15(Brisbane)

Japie,

Fingers crossed the webmaster has been too busy to host them on the BSQ site because there was alot of discussion at meetings last year regarding the distribution and availability of 'Bromeliaceae' from a financial prospective.

On one hand members felt that 'Bromeliaceae' should be freely distributed as its a fantastic publication for promoting broms.
On the other hand some members felt that 'Bromeliaceae' should only be available to those who contribute financially to the society.

I can't recall whether or not this discussion included Bromeliaceae's online availability thou.

Bookmark   August 13, 2010 at 4:33AM
pinkbroms

Hi Matt

I know quite a number of people who live locally wont join because they can get it free on line, personally I still prefer hard copy & I don't mind paying for it as it is an excellent publication as is NZ's.

Support your local Society.

Pinkbroms

Bookmark   August 13, 2010 at 5:41AM
brom_adorer(Mid-North Coast, NSW)

I love getting that little magazine in the mail, even when alot of it is over my head! I'm in it for the pictures! he he.
BA

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 6:02AM
matt15(Brisbane)

Yes it certainly is a fantastic publication.
I love receiving my paper copy but I also fully support online reading materials... after all if your reading this post then its highly likely you too are internet savvy, browsing the web for online content.

If Japie doesn't post a response from Ross here I'll raise the question at the BSQ meeting next week.

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 8:00AM
gonzer_gw

Japie, do you mean this link here? Although there are no 2010 issues the reat are available. Only way we Yanks can see such a great publication.

Here is a link that might be useful: linky-dinky

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 8:21AM
avane_gw

Thanks for all the responses. And for the e-mail address Matt. Round about the end of last year I did send Ross an enquiry about no more Bromeliaceae on the Web, and he responded almost immediately and posted the last two but I'd rather not nag him again and if there is any discussion going on about the online availability of the magazine in your society, I would not like to stick my nose in there being not a member or paying anything towards its publication!

Japie

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 8:28AM
avane_gw

Yes, Gonzer, that's the one. I have read them all, but you know how this addiction works, you always want more!!!

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 8:32AM
matt15(Brisbane)

Japie,
Good news mate and for all Bromeliaceae fans.
After raising this question at the meeting the committee confirmed that all issues will still be available online however they are just alittle behind atm. No date was given for the newer issues but that it would be rectified ASAP.

The Jan/Feb issue can be found here:
http://www.bromsqueensland.com/pdf/Sep-Oct_2009.pdf

And archived versions here:
http://www.bromsqueensland.com/Bromeliaceae.htm

Cheers Matt

Bookmark   August 19, 2010 at 8:49AM
matt15(Brisbane)

Correction to the above.

The Jan/Feb issue can be found here:
http://www.bromsqueensland.com/pdf/Jan-Feb_2010.pdf

Bookmark   August 19, 2010 at 8:54AM
avane_gw

Thanks for the good news Matt! I'm sure plenty other people will also be glad to hear that they are just a bit behind time and not a case of not being available anymore!

Thanks for the Jan-Feb link but I did get that one shortly after if was posted early March already.

Japie

Bookmark   August 19, 2010 at 11:56AM
More Discussions
?? Achemea tessmannii
I got this as no ID.. It is blooming and looks similar...
radhavall
Anybody want to ID these Tillandsias?
I got 7 Tillandsias yesterday from a small store.....
MrBlubs
ID Please
Another one I lost the tag to,can you please help me...
gardencraze
seeking info on Neo Royal Flush
A web search gives me a wide range of conflicting information...
pearlbegonia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™