ID. please on this billbergia stunner

brom-bearAugust 15, 2009

Hi I bought this plant today for $10.00 as a bill halaleujah but i'm not sure as the large pup to the right has grown with alot of white. so if anyone can help with the name would be great or dose anyone think it may be a beautiful new sport. cheers shaine

href="http://s776.photobucket.com/albums/yy47/BromBear6/?action=view&current=IMG_1220.jpg"; target="_blank">

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paul_t23(Coastal Sydney)

Hi Shaine,

Nice plant. It looks a lot like Hallelujah. The amount of white can vary hugely and in very bright diffused light it can get a hot pink overlay on the white that sets it off even more. No wonder it was given that name.

This is an old pic of my original mother plant. The image is horribly pixellated (taken on old phone), but I've kept it because the plant was such a beaut specimen. Stunning when it flowers as well.

With plenty of light your plant should end up a stunner. Happy growing. Cheers, Paul

Bookmark   August 16, 2009 at 5:59AM
splinter1804

Hi Shaine,

I think Paul has correctly nailed it. I had a plant of Hallelujah which did exactly the same thing exhibiting lots of white, the year before last.

I was concerned with that much white that the leaf may die but thankfully it didn't.

The subsequent pups appeared as usual with no abnormal amount of white, I guess it's just a "Hallelujah thing".

All the best, Nev.

Bookmark   August 16, 2009 at 4:17PM
brom-bear

Hi Thanks guys. I will mark this one down as Bill halaleujah. I have seen so many different varieations with this hybrid and I totaly agree with the name for this plant. They might be common but they are a great addition to any collection. I hang them high to catch to light to see their true colours.cheers shaine and michelle

Bookmark   August 16, 2009 at 5:19PM
More Discussions
how to keep bromelaid til i get home
Hello, a friend gave me bromelaid out of her garden...
drich30099
ID Please
Another one I lost the tag to,can you please help me...
gardencraze
Bert in a basket
I have an Ae Bert that I would like to plant in an...
dogboy27
Vriesea pups, are they even alive?
I just separated them today, after the parent was already...
dekumask
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™