E-bay seller back again.

gonzer_gwSeptember 20, 2008

Dorenas store looks familiar. Fake names and photoshop. Reported as fraudulent.

Here is a link that might be useful: report me please!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bromadams(10b)

But buying plants from the rainforest helps cure cancer! Why would you report that as fraud? We need to save the rainforest and this auction helps. Right?

"Vincristine, extracted from the rainforest plant, periwinkle, is one of the world's most powerful anticancer drugs. It has dramatically increased the survival rate for acute childhood leukemia since its discovery."

Bookmark   September 20, 2008 at 9:50AM
LisaCLV(HI)

Isn't this Strawberry Whizzbang or whatever-the-heck with less Photoshoppage? Actually, except for the bogus name and standard-issue eBay BS, this doesn't seem too bad. It doesn't look that Photoshopped to me, at least it doesn't glow in the dark.

Having spent a fair amount of recreational time on eBay, I have come to expect misinformation and misrepresentation as the norm. I can't get all worked up about it, but then I don't believe in the tooth fairy either. ;-)

Bookmark   September 20, 2008 at 2:54PM
rickta66(Brisbane)

Gonzer,

I bought one of those plants last Thursday at the local Bromeliad society meeting, it must have been incorrectly labelled as Olens hybrid - the wife was not impressed ranting and raving that I already had it - unfortuately she was right.

Maybe she will be impressed when I explain how rare it is - on second thoughts it may be better to let sleeping dogs lie :)

Bookmark   September 21, 2008 at 6:50AM
bambi_too(5 Ohio)

Rickta66, well you could always take a picture photo shop it, and sell it on e-bay. I reported it, but it doesn't seem like ebay cares.

Bookmark   September 21, 2008 at 8:02AM
More Discussions
Thoughts on my tillandsia gardeneri?
When I bought y T. gardeneri in May last year it looked...
Iris Lau
colour change + floppy plants
hi all, i was shocked to find that 2 of my plants had...
drmedusae
Is this a bromeliad???
I got this from my aunt, who wasn't sure what it is....
embolton0620
Impulsiv-ity and Tillandsia
Good Morning! Newbie here (to all plants). In an extremely...
Kristinkle
Problems with scale
Members, Indiana grower here. I have a major problem...
HoosierBob SW Indiana Zone 5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™