Graptoveria 'Opalina' for Becca

jeffrey_harris(San Diego, CA)March 21, 2006

Becca,

Here are several pics of my Graptoveria 'Opalina'. The flowers are about as exciting as Graptopetalum paraguayense - that is to say, they're mildly pretty. For me, the plant is the pretty thing.

Hope you enjoy.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
becca_grow(2)

Thank you, the pictures are lovely. Obviously the one i'm going to get will just be a baby, but hopefully it will spread out the way yours has done. What you said about the plant being the pretty thing is so true! I always used to enjoy plants with flowers, but with these ones, the plants themselves are as beautiful as any flower... sigh... i'm in heaven... :)
b

Bookmark   March 22, 2006 at 4:10PM
tinamarie05(8)

What is the difference in this one and the Ghost plant, mother of pearl? I was told my photo was the Ghost plant? Thank you!!

Bookmark   September 29, 2011 at 2:22PM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Hi Tina,

This thread is FIVE YEARS OLD, no surprise no one has responded. Also, not many people come here anymore 'cause we can now put pix directly into the posts.

Trouble w/ common names is they mean different things to different people. I know of at least 3 different types of plants that go by the name 'Ghost' Plant.

I believe your plant must be Graptopetalum paraguyense, which I believe is a species, where as Graptovera is a hybrid of Graptopetalum & some Echeveria. So these plants are likely related but not the same.

If you post your pic at the Cactus & Succulent forum's "Discussion" area (see top of the page), folks can try to help w/ the ID.

Bookmark   October 17, 2011 at 8:14PM
More Discussions
Surprise Gymnocalycium mihanovichii var. friedrichii polypoid seed pod
Hi, Just wanted to share. This seed pod by color and...
dirt_farmer
Interesting "Topsy Turvey" Hybrid?
I picked this one up at HD . I know that it looks very...
wantonamara Z8 CenTex
What kind of cacti is this?
Anyone know what type this is? Very thick and unique...
gwod1
Need help identifying
Not sure what plant this is
amy1980
help ID opuntia from colorado
i recieved this from colorado. my friend says its seen...
cactusgrower313
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™