Spring???

notolover(5)March 23, 2013

Getting some flowering activity in the sunroom, but I'm not home to get good pics. I'm really hoping I'll be here to witness the flowering of my tiger aloe, It's pushing a flower stalk now for the first time.

My desert rose plants are getting a lot of leaves. I guess from the longer/warmer days.

I've recently acquired more Echinopsis hybrids and placed my semi-annual order from Huntington Gardens. I'm really going to have to thin out my Notocactus babies. I just don't have room to give everyone the proper conditions. Summer is not a problem, but winter is tough.

All I know is that when I'm lucky to be home for 4 waking hours during legislature, I'm glad I grow succulents instead of Bonsai. And I'm glad I have box turtles instead of a dog right now. ;-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
FerocactusLatispinus(Zone 4/Sunset 43 WI)

I've a Parodia ottonis ssp. Venclusianus (most likely) that's about 3" in diameter; it's already tried to produce 4-5 offshoots last year, so I suspect it'll flower this summer. Last winter, the roots dried up, I cut a fresh base, and since last summer, it's grown a new root system; I originally thought it was an Echinopsis mammillosa, but that was before it began to offshoot; so I had no idea it was a Notocactus and needed watering in the winter!

I also have a G. friedrichii that I noticed this morning is producing flower buds.

It's definitely spring in WI (even though there's still a foot of snow everywhere), and good thing too! Dormancy in cacti is certainly no fun.

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 3:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
123Greta(9b)

Hooray for Spring!! (:

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 2:40AM
More Discussions
13 year old cactus with no roots
I have had a cactus now for around 13 or so years and...
Sophie Julia
Just a few colorful jades and things after a long winter?
Hello all..I wanted to say hello and show a few things...
mikerno_1micha
I'd mammilaria
It looks like mammilaria elongata or gramii
spikef35
Gollum Surprise
Gollum leaf I came across tonight. Christopher
kaktuskris
Repotted Euphorbia
I think it is an Euphorbia horrida, but not sure about...
hablu
Sponsored Products
Diamond Sofa Estate Sofa In Mocha
Beyond Stores
Comfort Memories 10-inch Full-size Foam and Spring Hybrid Mattress
Overstock.com
Westinghouse 18 in. White Polyethylene Neckless Globe 8189800
$64.97 | Home Depot
Lambert Ceiling-Mount Rainfall Shower
Signature Hardware
Centra 36" Single Bathroom Vanity for Undermount Sinks by Wyndham Collection - G
Modern Bathroom
"Devin" Settee - YELLOW PATTERN
$2,299.00 | Horchow
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™