Some of my cuttings.

rmbill(6a)March 28, 2012

This is some of my cuttings for new stuff. I try to keep them alive, without letting them grow much, in the winter. I think they have survived really well inspite of my abuse. They are ready for some serious growing now. To the right are some of my dormant plants. You can see the green peeking out. The adult plants survive the winter dormancy (inside) with zero help from me. Brutal but it works for me. They are ready for what I hope will be another great year. I am feeling better now so maybe I will have a garden instead of a weed patch, this year.

Bill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosco_p(z6a ont.canada)

Bill: Great looking bunch of cuttings to start the year with. You should have quite a lush garden! My few cuttings which are still overwintering in my attached but unheated garage are itching to get out and get some light. Hope I can get them out real soon. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Ross.

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 7:31PM
kasha77

They look great to me! Hope you have a better year, Bill!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 9:50PM
maile_2010(4 Central MN)

Awesome Bill.

Bookmark   March 29, 2012 at 9:57PM
kayjones(Mo6b)

Those look really good, Bill - sadly, all of mine rotted.

Bookmark   March 30, 2012 at 9:34AM
love_the_yard(z9A Jax FL)

Bill, your cuttings look great! Very healthy - especially for Zone 6a!

Carol in Jax

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 11:12PM
diane_v_44(Z6)

Bill your cuttings look about the same size as the ones that you gave to me.
Mine could be larger if I had planted them maybe a month ago directly into the ground, down here. (I winter in Florida)

I am sooo happy with those cuttings
Just is darn exciting.

Rosco you are in Canada, as am I. I can not imagine that your cuttings of Brugmansia will survive the winter in an unheated garage I know mine would not do so.
Some things I can get to survive in the garage that is at my place in Barrie, Ontario. I put blankets over them and others I made sort of a scrap wooden junk type frame around the pots in the garage.

Datura have overwintered sometimes for me, in the garage Actually I have one neat datura that a Japanese fellow gave me years and years ago, which I used to bring in but now find that the plant, not the original, but one of its offspring overwinters outside I have the spot marked as you don't see it at first but then in June, mid June, there it is once again and it does bloom, late summer.

Is a white Datura but not quite like the ones we normally see The flower is larger and longer but not fragrant at all.
Have cut some Plumineria for you Bill but not sure if I will come up that way or not.

Bookmark   April 14, 2012 at 9:10PM
More Discussions
Brugmansia Eternity
I think everyone should have no problems flowering...
boonboon
Why don't my plants set seeds??
I have had my brugs for over 30 years and to my knowledge...
Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
ok for planting into yard?
This is cut tip of young relatively small Brugmansia. Unknown...
four
Angel Trumpet Plant Help Please!
This is a plant my mother gave me right before she...
kevbridg
Sphagnum Moss Rooting Method - Step by Step!
I've had a couple of requests as to how I root my cuttings!...
sibhskylvr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™