Feb now, what r u doing?

lesdvs9February 10, 2009

I don't know about you, but most of this rain doesn't reach me. I'm just getting traces according to my rain gauge. Still it's nice to see the 50's come back and know most of the state is getting rain and snow in the mtns.

I'm working on my taxes now that I don't have the excuse that I did to escape to the garden since it was so nice outside. I liked how nice it was, I didn't like that it was so early to be that way yet. I so don't want to repeat last year!! I got a lot of weeds pulled, which was a useless task, but I got most of the roses pruned. I also got most of the garden cleaned. Now I only have the 4 butterfly bushes to cut down for a large task. Being that they're all over 10', it's a messy chore, so I'm taking the current cold to do the taxes this week.

What are you guys up to? Anything interesting? Any trips coming up?

I'm going to OR middle of Mar to see my sis pinned for graduating nursing school. Going to spend 10 days traveling and visiting. A rose nursery is about 20 miles from her house, I think I need to visit that:) Especially since the one here closed. It's coming on spring and I need a fix.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CA Kate

DH is keeping me busy being his Asst., plus I have all my own work to do. He did help me clean the veggie garden last Sat. and we ended up ripping tons of creeping fig off the garden walls and fountain where it had taken over like a jungle.... no fun!

Not only do I need to get ready for the subdivision's annual meeting in a couple of weeks, but I'm the secretary/planner/treasurer AND the meeting is at our house. I just need the spare time to get everything organized. It's a bit too much.

Bookmark   February 11, 2009 at 10:42PM
caavonldy(8/9 N CA)

I have been baking bread, anything to avoid working on the taxes. I still have lots of work outside. I got a start on the vegetable garden. The soil is nice with lots of very old horse manure dug in. We haven't had much rain. We got 1/2 inch last night. There is supposed to be a big storm coming in Sat. night. I sure hope the power stays on. Last winter we were without power for 31/2 days. It was cold and the water well didn't work. Keep warm.
Donna

Bookmark   February 13, 2009 at 5:05PM
CA Kate

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I forgot about the taxes!

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 12:33AM
More Discussions
Where in Southern CA can I buy a bag of Dried Calimyrna figs?
My closest stupid town has one supermarket chain and...
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b
Hayward Papaya.
You could knock me over with a feather. In the bay...
stanofh
ISO Bored/Retired Landscape Designer In Sacramento Area
Posting to ask if anyone in my area might know if there...
billy3p
Privacy Trees?
Good afternoon, I'm hoping to find a recommendation...
sirwoodland
please help me decide on a fast growing screen
For many years the back of my neighbor's lot which...
kentc
Sponsored Products
Poly Lumber Hanging Tray Birdfeeder
Fifthroom.com
R Series Galvanized 17-Inch Warehouse Outdoor Pendant with 24-Inch Stem and Wire
$139.68 | Bellacor
Geometric Twist Indoor/Outdoor Rug 6'7" x 9'6" - ORANGE
$269.00 | Horchow
Marble Coffee Table 51'' x 27'' Travertine - ORIGAMI
Living'ROC
JOOLA USA Smash Table Tennis Paddle - 53135
$51.22 | Hayneedle
Milan One Light LED Pendant In Satin Nickel And Simply White Glass
$112.00 | Bellacor
Pup Shelf Piece
| Dot & Bo
15732BKT Textured Black 4.5 Watts Medium Kichler LED Landscape Light