Wave Petunias

sheilalkApril 30, 2007

I just bought a purple wave 14 inch potted plant, and 12 pink wave petunia plugs. I have transplanted them into those brown matted pot hangers for my deck. Now I need to know how to care for them. Do I feed them, and how often should I water them? I leave in the northern corner of the Serria Nevada's, Calif., and want to be sure I'm doing right by these guys. Should they get full sun?

Thanks, Sheila

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CA Kate

You might get a better response if you put this on the discussion side of this same forum.

Bookmark   April 30, 2007 at 1:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
youreit

I agree with Westelle (since this is the off-topic area), but...since you're here. LOL

I give my Petunias a splash of MiracleGro about once a month or so (but they could probably do with twice a month fertilizing), and FULL, hot sun. I water them when the soil feels dry near the top of the pot. I have them in this EarthGro stuff that's rather mulchy (barky?), so my pots have been holding water fairly well, even with the recent heat and wind we've had here north of Sacramento.

Brenda

Bookmark   May 1, 2007 at 8:55AM
More Discussions
Native ground cover for San Jose area
Hello! Would love some suggestions for a Bay Area (inland)...
Sheila Schmitz
Lattice grid pavers and what to plant
Using these to make a walkway in the alley that connects...
oberci
Northern California Roll Call!!!! 2.0
Did I miss it? Part 1 was closed http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/calif/msg1019364625268.html?150 Nanelle...
nanelle_gw
Mother Nature Fooled the beans, Now Hurry Hummingbird it's up to you
Well the beans have come out of their husky winter...
Wild Haired Mavens
Veggie season?
what are you all planting in the veggie garden lately?...
slowjane CA/ Sunset 21
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™